Tesco Value Wrapping Foil

Tesco Value Wrapping Foil

Kitchen Foil

Review of "Tesco Value Wrapping Foil"

published 10/07/2011 | pinky50
Member since : 16/11/2010
My beautiful mum passed away this year and I had lost my way and mojo writing reviews but am hoping that I can have it back soon. Having more down days recently than up but getting there slowly.
Pro Helps keep food nice and fresh.
Cons None.

"Cheap foil."

I use quite a lot of foil to cover my food so that it keeps nice and fresh. I buy the branded ones and also this one which is from Tesco’s Value range. I find it is always useful to have foil handy so that it is always there when it is needed because a lot of the time some left over food can be covered and then eaten later in the day or the next day.

This foil is very basic looking, it does not come in a fancy box, it is just wrapped in a transparent wrapper. The foil is placed around a cardboard tube of which is not at all flimsy, it is very sturdy to keep the foil in place. The wrapper is easy to remove and once it is removed the foil can be open via a little white strip that holds the foil into place, this strip is also very easy to remove.

The foil is like any other foil in looks, it is very shiny and a silver colour. It is quite a good thickness too for the cheap price of around 50p. It does not feel too thin and it is easy to cut from the roll or just tear with the hands. It really depends what I am using it for to how I take it from the roll. I often just tear it to use the amount I need to use but I have often also used a pair of scissors to cut it for when I need a more evenly cut piece of foil. As I said earlier in my review I use it to cover left over food, I also use it to cover food which I want to place in my freezer such as meat pies which I have baked in a dish to eat at a later date. When I cook curries I sometimes place the left over’s in a plastic carton and freeze it, I sometimes lose lids from my containers and so I use a little of this foil to cover it and then place it in my freezer. I also take cheese from the wrappers sometimes and cover it with foil so that it does not become dry in my fridge, it also keeps it nice and fresh.

This foil is ideal to cover food for when going on a picnic or for packed lunches. I often use it for my hubby’s packing up sandwiches when I have no plastic food bags. I have used it for also cutting out shapes with my little grandson for when we have been having our craft days. He likes to feel the different textures of different papers etc and so I use this foil so that he can feel a shiny and more different feel to just paper. He does not cut it because the edge of the foil can be quite sharp in my opinion for a small child to cut and I do not want him to cut his fingers. It is not razor sharp but for a child it would be a little sharp in my opinion and I do not want to take any chances.

This foil measures approximately 12 inches in width or 300mm and on the wrapper it tells me the amount on the roll is approximately 15m, so quite a lot of foil on the roll.

It cannot however be used in a microwave and it also tells me on the wrapper it cannot come in contact with acidic foods such as rhubarb or lemons. It also tells me that it is not advisable to store food in metal containers covered in foil. Also that salt in food can occasionally attack foil and cause small holes to appear. It advises to prevent this occurring to lightly coat the foil with cooking oil prior to use. So it is always best to read the label before using this foil because the information is very important in my opinion.

I just think this is very good quality foil, it is excellent value for the money. It is very suitable for my needs and it works well to keep my food nice and fresh. I think it is so affordable if you use a lot of foil and if you don’t I just think it is a good price for storing in the cupboard for when it may be needed.

Foil should also not be reused for food contamination and should never be left near a naked flame for safety reasons.

I really do like this foil, it is one that I will continue to buy in the future because it gives me all the results that I expect from a cheaper brand of foil. It is a while since I bought this foil because I stock my cupboards but I have noticed it has gone up in price quite a bit like most products but I still think it is worth the higher price with this one.A nice affordable foil for all budgets in my opinion.

I give it 5 stars.

Thank you for reading my review and I hope it has been of some help.

• katykicker published 13/07/2011
    We use this and it's great but it's not 50p anymore, it's 80p!
  • SallsMumof2 published 11/07/2011
    I use this foil and it's great :-)
  • costas1234 published 11/07/2011