Review of "Tesco Value Wrapping Foil"

published 24/07/2011 | ms19
Member since : 02/03/2002
Rate me and il try to rate you back :-) x
Pro good price, good quality
Cons -

"Does The Trick"

I have never bothered paying too much for foil and still to the day will not waste money on it as literally all brands to me are the same with things like this and I'll only bin it after use and it seems pointless. This is why Tesco Value's foil is the perfect one for me as it has no fancy packaging which in that sense is good for the environment and also it doe the job like all others and at a fraction of the price. Foil is foil and this is what it is and I was glad to pay under a pound and try it out to see how good it was.

APPEARANCE

As I said before, this does look very budget as it comes with no box and is literally just a roil of foil, with a label on one side stating what it is and that it is Tesco Value. It is quite a thick roll though, not too thin. It seems good enough quality and really there is not a lot needed on the packaging, it does blend into the shelf compared to the other foil boxes but if you know what you're looking for, you'll notice the value range label and you will see them on display.
VALUE FOIL

I use this foil for a number of things, the main one being to cook on as I use it for grilling sausages or bacon or cuts of meat. I tend to find it goo quality, doesn't rip easily when using a fork to pick items up. It also seems to keep the fat from running down the pan if you place it down properly which is always helpful and so when it comes to taking the food off I roll it all up. Usually I let the foil cool down and it is ok that way as the fat is not so runny but the foil still looks the same as when put on the tray even after cooking.

I also use my foil for wrapping up sandwiches etc for my packed lunches or to keep items preserved. It always seems to do the trick and it keeps food as good as it was when wrapper and really is handy. The foil doesn't have any perforated lines on it though like some pricier brands so don't expect much but it's very easy to tear a sheet off. It rips very evenly anyway and usually I fold it up to fit it on a tray so it's not a major thing I need with foil.

The foil has lasted me a good while as well I bought it over 2 months ago and just from general useage it has still got a lot left on the roll. The foil is 300mm wide and you get 25 metres of foil which is quite a lot. For what you pay it is worth buying as you can use as much as you want to wrap up or cook and your not bothered about throwing money away which is what I like about the Value range. It literally serves its purpose as something to use for cooking.

I'd recommend this brand to anyone looking to make cut backs and not spend a lot on a basic like foil. The quality is good enough to me the foil is thick enough and everything cooks very well on it. It is a bargain price and you just have a roll that you can store away in a cupboard or wherever and it is not taking up too much room at all really.
COST

This foil can be bought at all Tesco stores and it will cost you 80p which is very cheap. It only comes in the one size of 25m but it is all you really need. I usually see this brand in the bigger stores as the smaller Tesco stores stock the more expensive brands.

For more detail or to shop online go to http://www.tesco.com

• HannahBoo published 24/07/2011
    I think that cheap foil is fine. Cling film is usually a bit dodgy if cheap though. Well reviewed :0)
  • Alyson29 published 24/07/2011
    My hubby is fine using this, but I always seem to push my finger nails straight through it! x