Tesco

Review of "Tesco"

published 09/11/2007 | cerysmax
Member since : 09/11/2007
Pro Open long hours
Cons Bad customer service...the worst online shopping
Range of duties
Knowledge gained
Training
Responsibilities
Collegues

"Tesco...Are They getting Too Big For Their Boots?"

Why do they show so little regard for their customer?

Up until last week, I was a regular on-line shopper, spending up to £6000 a year. Sure, I had always had problems with them....40% of deliveries in the first 6 months were cancelled by them because 'the van has broken down'. Always the same excuse. Plus, items paid for but missing, out of date items, damaged items, etc, the list goes on and on!!!

But, last weekend took the biscuit. My shopping looked second hand (battered and ripped boxes), items that I had paid for were missing, including 2 bottles of wine (I was refunded for missing items), the picker could not be bothered to replace basic items out of stock such as cheese and sausages (I then had to make a 17 mile round trip to purchase items I was relying on!) but WORST OF ALL...........a chocolate bar that I had bought and paid for was opened, bitten into and then returned to my bags for me to find!!!!!!!!!

What did Tesco do? They passed me from pillar to post, asked that I write an email to Customer Services (which I did) who then passed me BACK to the store who passed me back again. Firstly I was promised vouchers by the store, which still did not arrive after 5 days, then I had to keep ringing the store cos they couldn't be bothered to ring me. I have spoken to 3 different people at the store, including the Manager, who doesn't seem to be interested in the unprofessionalism of her staff, and I AM SEETHING!!!! Since my phone call with her, she cannot be bothered to deal with me personally, and gets another member of staff (some poor lady who had only been employed at Tesco's for a month) to speak to me.
I was offered £10, which I said was an insult (won't even cover my phone calls!!!). After I told them to forget it they upped it to £25, refusing point blank to go any higher.

I told them I would take it as I do not intend to be out of pocket. But, I will never ever shop with them again. I have told them I am going to write a review on every website that I can find and tell everyone I know how useless they are. It is my mission in life....!!!!!

Sorry, rant over, but I honestly do think that they are now so big, they are becoming complacent.

• HotBabes published 10/11/2007
    Maybe some Tesco's are better than this one as I've never had a problem with ours. The bitten chocolate bar is just a bit too much to expect a customer to accept! x
  • Bens__mummy published 10/11/2007
    Good review
  • alfiebettyspaghetti published 09/11/2007
    great review. I've had trouble with tesco online loads of times but nothing as bad as half eaten choccy bars! I think i'll swap to asda!! ;-)

Product Information : Tesco