Tesco

Knowledge gained
Training
Responsibilities
Collegues

"HEWLETT PACKARD LAPTOP BUNDLE"

On 12 March 2008 we purchased a Hewlett Packard laptop computer through Tesco Direct. The price of this laptop was £399.00 and included a Canon all in one printer valued at £89.00. We were advised printer currently out of stock but laptop would arrive at our local outlet by 14 March 2008. We called in to our local outlet at 5.00pm on 14 March 2008 and were not surprised to find the laptop had arrived as we had never had cause to complain about Tesco Customer Service over the previous 20 years. Whilst there we asked about the printer and were advised we would need to contact Tesco Direct. On arriving home we e-mailed Tesco Direct and quickly sent an e-mail to which we had a response within 24 hours. I could not believe the response. OFFER SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY AND NOT AVAILABLE THEREFORE NO PRINTER. I immediately contacted them again and to date have not received a reply. Whilst waiting I have checked the Tesco Direct site and the offer is still live. Additionally checked printer on its own. This is also a live advert but states currently out of stock. To check if this was really good value I have checked other sites and for just the laptop found it would have been cheaper at Amazon or Play. In all honesty the laptop is good however I feel we have been ripped off and it has certainly made me question whether we shop in the right place. Prehaps this is how Tesco make such phenominal profits each year. No doubt I will never receive a response as I get the impression the customer service counts for nothing.

not rated

• duskmaiden published 02/04/2008
    wrong place
  • sottovoce82 published 25/03/2008
    As below, sorry for the rating, will re-rate if edited. Rita x
  • Soho_Black published 24/03/2008
    If you get this moved let me know and I'll re-rate.

Product Information : Tesco