rolandrat... 5

rolandrat123

About me: I sometimes include ingredients in reviews but please ignore if you are not interested.

Member since:23.03.2012

Tesco.com - my saviour!

03.04.2012

Advantages:
Easy to use  -  great home delivery service .

Disadvantages:
Sometimes it is nice to look at items in person .

20 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. ithoughtyoudneverask
  2. xxfoxyredxx
  3. darling89

--Tesco.com--

--Online Grocery Shopping--

I was delighted when our local rural Tesco began doing home deliveries many years ago.
Being ill and weak it was a godsend for our family - and the cost of the delivery is definitely more than worth it.

--Website--

www.tesco.com.
The website is easy to navigate. The first time you do an on line order it might take you longer - but once an order is 'saved' on the website you can refer back to it again - as most of us tend to buy lots of the same things each week.

--Easy of Use--

Very easy to search and add items to your virtual shopping basket - you then book a delivery slot and check out and pay. However you have the facility of going back and either adding or removing items from our basket up to the early hours on the day of delivery - you will be notified of the cut-off time - just remember to check out properly or your amendments won't be saved - but you do get a reminder on the site.

--Booking Deliveries--

There is selection of two hour delivery slots from 8am to 11pm (10pm on the weekend). You just pick the day and time of your choice - if available. The drivers are very good and if running late will ring on my mobile to let me know, but this hasn't happened very often.
You can also go to the website and change your delivery slot if need be.

--Updating Your Shopping--

Once you decide on a day and time it is easy to do your shopping list - the website shows the offers available instore as well and you get a running total of your shopping - so you ensure you do not overspend - which is all too easy to do in the supermarket itself.

--List of 'Favourites'--

Over time all the items you have bought will be included on a list of 'favourites' -which you can quickly search - rather than doing through the whole website.

--Keep Track of Your Spending--

Your current shopping list will show a running total f what you are ordering so it is easy to keep within your budget.

--Previous Orders--

If you have done a previous order you can go into 'my orders' and use that as a basic list.

--Cost--

£3 - £6 delivery charge.
Delivery slots vary according to the day of the week - with mid afternoon on a Wednesday being £3 to and most of the weekend being £6.

--Delivery--

The van should come within the designated 2 hour slot - the driver will put the shopping where you want it - some empty the green crates by the front door - with us he puts the crates on our kitchen table for us to empty.
Chilled and frozen items are both packed separately.

If you give them your mobile phone number you will get a text with the estimated time of delivery.

--Alternatives--

There will be a box to tick if you wish to have an alternative product if any item is out of stock. I always ask for an alternative of everything as living in the wilds its always better to have something.
The alternatives, if you get any, will come in a blue bag as opposed to the normal white ones and will be price matched to what you ordered - you have the option of keeping the items or returning them for a refund. So you might get lucky and have premium items in exchange for out of stock value ones.

--Returning Items--

Any item ordered can be given back to the driver for a refund if you have changed your mind or the size in wrong etc.

--Plastic Bags--

You get the option of having our shopping either with plastic bags or loose in the green crates they use for delivery.
If you opt to have it delivered in bags they can be returned to the driver for recycling.
In Wales now we have to pay a flat fee if we wish to have the plastic bags.

--Problems--

You get given a printout list of items and cost when you have your delivery and you sign for receipt.
If, after the driver has gone, you find items missing or out of date - just ring the number on the invoice and they will immediately refund the amount to your card.

--Overall--

Being ill I cannot recommend this service highly enough.
I find it a great service - I try and order midweek to have cheaper delivery and do not order each week - only when I need stuff - so I try and push orders up to two weeks apart.
I have had no major problems and have recommended hem to many people - it is a doddle to order once you have done the first order and I have done it in under 10 minutes - though usually I like searching for bargains.

--Would I Recommend?--

Yes - and I have recommended this service to many of my friends. For the small delivery charge cost it is definitely worthwhile as it saves a long drive (22 miles is closed store) plus all the loading and unloading that shopping involves.
Plus you can amend your shopping on line if you find that the total is too expensive - rather than having a shock at the store checkout!

---Star Rating---

5 stars as I cannot fault the product.

Summary: Great home delivery service - would recommend to anyone.

(Also posted on Dooyoo under the name Rolandrat)

Meggysmum 03.04.2012 19:31

I use this a lot and in general I think it is a good service too x

JasonJRogers 03.04.2012 18:35

I always do my shopping on Tesco's website...