Tesco photo developing

Tesco photo developing

Review of "Tesco photo developing"

published 21/04/2007 | manicstreetpreacher
Member since : 15/01/2007
Good
Pro Earn Clubcard points, can have it delivered to your home or nearest store.
Cons Differing advice from their customer service.
Speed of processing
Efficency & Reliabilty of service
Customer service
Postage & Packing

"Tesco Online Photo Processing"

Overall Review

I didn’t use my local store when processing my photos or ordering gifts, I used the online photolab - http://www.tescophoto.com/wpp/tesco/welcome.jsp. One of the incentives to join is 10 free prints, although I’ve found a lot more online photolabs that offer you a much higher quantity of free prints. With Tesco photolab you upload your pictures into a chosen album with 200Mb free storage, you can choose which album you want to have and name each of them. You can also share your photos online but I didn’t choose to do this so don’t really know how to go about it. I am not on broadband so it took a wee while to upload each of my photos. I chose to have my order delivered to my door (You can have your photos delivered straight to your door or collect them from store, delivery details below) and had my order within a couple of days. The only problem I had with my order was for my photobook. I ordered a selection of products from Mugs, Keyrings and Mousemats to just normal photo prints. I had no problems with anything else. My photobook was uploaded and I placed my order. I had a photobook delivered but it was damaged. I contacted the helpline and was asked to send the book back and was told that I would get a replacement book delivered. I waited a few weeks for the delivery but didn’t receive anything. I contacted them again by e-mail and got more that one reply with differing advice. I eventually got someone who said that they could no longer reprint my book as they bin all the records after a few weeks, so I would need to process the order again. They said because I needed it for a present and a specific date and I had so many problems that if I processed it that day then they would send it straight out, which they did and it arrived prompt and undamaged. I was really pleased with everything I got. The photobook once it arrived was on good quality paper and for the price was of decent quality. I was really pleased with the keyrings, mug, mousemat and prints. The prints were on good quality paper and the print quality was high.

Delivery

Prints & Photo Gifts

Have your order delivered to your home. Additional postage charges may apply.

Your order will be sent via Royal Mail. For print orders please allow 5 days for processing and delivery, for gift orders please allow 14 days for processing and delivery. Please note that a postage charge of £1.50 may be added to your order. Additional charges may be added depending on the contents of your order. If you place an order containing prints and photo gifts each item will be posted out separately when processed at no extra delivery charge.

Canvas Prints

Please note that because of the special packing to protect your canvas there is a delivery charge of £5 for each canvas that you order. Canvas prints are delivered direct by carrier Monday to Friday. Please allow 14 days for processing and delivery.

Collect in Store

Pick up your order from a Tesco store. Orders will be ready for collection from 1 working hour depending on size of order, the store you chose and availability.

Prices

The prices below are their prices at the moment although they do special offers throughout the year so it’s best to check with the website on what the current price ranges are.

Large hardback photobook - £29.97, a large 30cm x 30cm photo book with a hard cover with 40 pages. Each page features your landscape or portrait photos together with captions, printed on quality 170gsm card with a gloss finish.

A5 Landscape Hardback photobook - £19.97, image size 21cmx15cm. A black A5 landscape photo book with a hard cover and 30 pages. Each page features your landscape or portrait photos together with captions, printed on quality 170gsm card with a gloss finish.

A5 Flexible Portrait Photobook - £9.97 each, image size 15cmx21cm. A flexible A5 portrait photo book with a clear cover and a hard spine. The photo book has 30 pages for your landscape or portrait photos, printed on quality 170gsm card with a gloss finish.

Prints

6"x4" Glossy, 1+ 15p each, 50+ 10p each, 100+ 7p each, 150+ 5p each
7"x5" Glossy, 1+ 20p each, 50+ 14p each, 100+ 12p each, 150+ 10p each
8"x6" Glossy, 1+ 25p each
10”x8” Glossy 1+ £1.20 each
12"x8" Glossy, 1+ £1.20 each
15"x10" Glossy, 1+ £1.97p each, 5+ £1.87each, 100+ 1.47p each
15"x5" Glossy, 1+ £1.18 each, 5+ £1.08 each, 100+ 99p each

Canvas Prints were from £24.47 (for a 20cmx20cm single canvas) to £129.97 (for a 150cmx100cm single canvas); they also do multiple canvas prints.

They also do cards single or up to 100, Calendars, Bags, Purses, Underwear, T-Shirts, Bibs, Baby Clothes, Mouse Mats, Jigsaws, Mugs, Keyrings, Coasters, placemats and fridge magnets.

• Bens__mummy published 05/05/2007
    Good review.
  • HotBabes published 24/04/2007
    Glad you got it in the end. Sounds like their customer service could be a bit better. x

Product Information : Tesco photo developing