mumsymary 4

mumsymary

About me: Summer must be here people out and about rather than reviewing and rating

Member since:23.09.2002

Video reviews:1

cherries set in yoghurt

18.11.2008

Advantages:
tasty

Disadvantages:
none

34 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. docpov
  2. TheHairyGodmother
  3. tallulahbang
  1. MarcoG
  2. frankiecesca
  3. patriciat

I decided I wanted a change from the cheap value tesco yoghurts I usually take to school for my lunch so saw the Tesco French set yoghurt these cost 98p for 6 125g pots so these are good value too.

The yoghurt that I ate yesterday was Cherry flavored French set yoghurt.

Sat in the staff room away from the noise of the pupils I finished my sandwich then I reached into my lunch bag. I pulled out cherry yoghurt packaged in a plastic pot with an orangey label on it. Writing and a picture of a cherry on the wrapper confirmed that this was cherry yoghurt.

I peeled back the foil lid, it smelt lightly of cherries. It was a light red colour , had a small amount of what looked like clear oil on top of it, I guess some ingredients had begun to separate . I dug my soon in the yoghurt was a firm liquid spoonful. I tasted my first mouthfull; it was ok not really very cherry like, the texture, sort of jelly or blamange like. No bits in this yoghurt it is smooth textured one .This yoghurt was ok not special just ok. I think I actually prefer non set yoghurts.

Other flavours in the pack of 6 included peach, cherry, and raspberry. Lemon apricot and vanilla. These yoghurts come in 125g plastic pots covered in an orange paper label usual written info on the wrapper plus a picture of the fruit.

These yoghurts contain 125kcal per pot, 16.8g sugar, and 4.1g fat.
Overall I was not ecstatic about these cherry set yoghurt I have had better they are not super low fat and sugar ones so doubt if I will rush out to buy more when I have finished these , . They are ok but that's all

tallulahbang 14.12.2008 01:15

Set yoghurts are a bit wrong. xx

SweetTooth93 18.11.2008 16:39

Although I enjoy yoghurt- I don't think i'd like this one xx

tractor-boy 18.11.2008 14:40

Well I'm not overly keen on cherry yoghurt and I'm not overly keen on set yoghurt, so I think I'll give it a miss.