The Back-Up Plan (DVD)

The Back-Up Plan (DVD)

Review of "The Back-Up Plan (DVD)"

published 09/10/2011 | katykicker
Member since : 11/12/2005
Back writing & RATING! If you would like to be added to my COT please do let me know :) No need to thank me for E's unless you fancy a chat :)
Pro Decent cast, good story line, not too long, lots of 'ahh' moments.
Cons None.
Did you enjoy it?
What format are you reviewing?

"Do you have a back-up plan?"

The plot

Zoe is a single woman who decides that she wants to use a sperm donor to allow her to have a baby. This film centres around Zoe, the steps she takes to try and achieve her dream and what happens with her love life along the way.

The cast

Zoe - Jennifer Lopez
Stan - Alex O'Loughlin
Mona - Michaela Watkins
Clive - Eric Christian Olsen
Deleted scenes

There are four deleted scenes on this DVD. Each scene was fairly funny but it was easy to see why three of these did not make it in to the movie itself. There was one scene that I wish had made it in, the first of the deleted scenes, and felt that this would've added something a little extra to the movie, however, I did not feel that it was missing when watching the film so possibly it was a good decision that helped to keep the film fairly short.

Making the Back-up Plan

There was around 10 minutes of conversation about the making of this film. You heard a few words from some of the cast, the screenwriter and a few of the other crew members. This was quite interesting and I watched this through and was very surprised at just how fast the time seemed to go while watching this. This was good fun to watch and showed a different side to some of the cast members that was refreshing and a real joy to watch.
Where can I purchase this & for how much?

This can be purchased from Amazon.co.uk for £3.99 or used from £2.74 + postage.

Overall opinion

I wanted this film since I saw it advertised back in 2010 and was pleased when we finally ended up watching it. The cast is full of mixture of successful stars, from various fields, and relative unknowns which I feel is a fantastic way to learn about a new actress or actor that I have not heard of before and also amounts to a film that is not full of people with over inflated egos who make demands that ultimately reflect in the quality of the film.

The story line is one with a difference. There is the usual undertone of a romantic comedy but it feels like there is something a little different to this film. The story line is interesting, fun, witty and charming. The main story line that runs throughout keeps my attention for the duration of the film and while I was able to tell the general direction that this film was going to end up in I was still pleasantly surprised by the story line and some of the twists and turns that happened along the way.

There were lots of lovely 'ahh' moments throughout this film and I would happily watch this film again in the future. I loved the characters, particularly Zoe, and felt that she was a character that I could really relate to even though I have never been through some of the situations that her character experiences.

Overall I really enjoyed this film. It was short, running at 98 minutes including credits, but it felt like this film was the perfect length to tell the story well. The cast was good, as was the story line and while this film was not full of special effects it fitted in to it's genre of 'rom com' well and that's good enough for me!

Summary: A fantastic 'rom com' starring Jennifer Lopez.

• Graygirl published 10/10/2011
    We really enjoyed this. x
  • Amy69 published 10/10/2011
    One of my favourites!!x
  • Essexgirl2006 published 09/10/2011
    I'm not sure this is in the right category - you may want to e-mail Ciao and get it moved.

Product Information : The Back-Up Plan (DVD)

Zoe (Jennifer Lopez) is well aware that her biological clock is ticking, but she just can't find the type of guy she'd want to settle down and start a family with. Eventually, she makes the decision to become a single mother. The very same day that Zoe is artificially inseminated, however, she meets Stan (Alex O'Loughlin), a single charmer whom she thinks would make a great father. While at first Zoe struggles to hide her condition from Stan, before long there's no denying the truth and she decides to spill the beans. Much to her surprise, Stan responds enthusiastically, announcing that he's in it for the long haul. Over the course of the next nine months, Zoe and Stan enter into a whirlwind romance, begin drawing up wedding plans, and mapping out the rest of their lives together. But will their burgeoning relationship collapse under the stress of all this weight, or was it simply meant to be that Zoe and Stan would both find each other at such a crucial turning point in each other's lives?

Listed on Ciao since: 19/07/2010