The Bad Education Movie (DVD)

The Bad Education Movie (DVD)

Review of "The Bad Education Movie (DVD)"

published 13/06/2016 | lj1989
Member since : 01/03/2010
I'm back once more. Life is completely different for me now! More updates to follow :)
Pro Good plot, characters
Cons None for me
Did you enjoy it?
Story
Characters / Performances
Special Effects
Soundtrack

"We don't need no education"

The Bad Education Movie (DVD )

The Bad Education Movie (DVD )

I am a fan of Jack Whitehall and love the series Bad Education on BBC so was more than happy when I learnt that Bad Education the movie was going to be released! This is a film only review.

Plot

Alfie Wickers is a 20-something secondary school who, quite frankly is more immature than most of his students! Seeing as it is Alfie's classes final year at school he decides to plan a school trip to celebrate the end of GCSEs. Alfie has big ideas about going abroad but after learning of the schools minimal budget he opts for a more down to earth trip to Cornwall instead.

The students are excited about this and can't wait to go on the trip with their favourite teacher and their classmates. That is until one of the students mothers decides that she will tag along to keep an eye on things!

Opinion

I had sky high expectations of this film. As I stated earlier I am a huge fan of the series so expected this to be equally as good. I was interested to see how the film would manage to grip the audiences attention for an hour and a half, especially because the tv episodes are only half an hour long but I found myself enjoying the film throughout and thought it was the perfect length for the plot, everything was covered but nothing was dragging on or getting boring.

You don't have to have seen any of the tv series to watch the film as it is easy to pick up who is who and what's going on and nothing is really linked to the series plot line.

I found the film hilarious and was laughing throughout. As I said earlier I had high expectations of this film and wasn't disappointed. I have seen a few low reviews for this online but would say if you were a fan of British comedy like Gavin and Stacey, Fresh Meat or The Inbetweeners you are likely to enjoy this too.

The acting in the film is strong and all of the class are played very well. You will recognise a few faces for example Alfie Wickers is played by Jack Whitehall who played JP in Fresh Meat and Mitchell is played by Charlie Wernham who is best known for playing Robbie Roscoe in Hollyoaks.

The plot flowed well and I wasn't actually expecting the storyline to go the way it did as it isn't what I would expect after watching the series but it worked well and I enjoyed watching the film. I would definitely watch it again.

Additional Information

The film was released in August 2015. It is now available on DVD.
It stars Jack Whitehall, Sarah Solemani, Charlie Wernham, Jack Binstead, Iain Glenn, Harry Enfield, Mathew Horne, Kaye Alexander, Layton Williams, Nikki Runeckles, Joanna Scanlan and Ethan Lawrence.
It runs for 90 minutes.
It is rated a 15.
Currently (June 2016) the DVD can be bought from Amazon for £8.95.

Summary

I really enjoyed this film. I found it funny with a good plot with lots of interesting twists and turns. I would definitely watch it again.

• siberian-queen published 31/07/2016
    this was a good film :)
  • DodoRabbit published 24/06/2016
    I'd like to watch this after reading your review!
  • Secre published 14/06/2016
    VH

offers "The Bad Education Movie (DVD)"