Review of "The Blue Lagoon, Iceland"

published 30/09/2005 | mimi_solei
Member since : 30/09/2005
Pro Spectacular sceenary, gives you yummy skin!
Cons Cost of getting to Iceland
Sightseeing
Shopping
Nightlife
Ease of getting around

"Blue Lagoon Natural Spa"

I have travelled a lot in my lifetime and it takes quite a lot to impress me. When I arrived at the Blue Lagoon I have to admit that I WAS IMPRESSED!

BLUE LAGOON is a Geothermal Spa and one of Iceland's most unique and popular attraction. There is so much to chose from (constrained obviously by the amount of things one could do at a spa) the main attraction is bathing and relaxing in BLUE LAGOON geothermal seawater, known for its positive effects on the skin. A day at a spa soaked away all my aches and pains. It is beautiful. You sit in turquoise blue water surrounded by black volcanic rock. This is all in open air.

If you explore the place, you'll find a waterfall, which provides an energizing massage. There are also steam bath with white walls that resemble white silica mud. Sauna and a refreshing cold water sprinkle

The geothermal spa's state-of-the-art facilities include: a restaurant overlooking the Blue Lagoon. A geothermal beach, lava caves and silica mud are parts of the lagoon area. In addition to bathing in the lagoon, guests enjoy relaxing in a lava cave and a unique geothermal steam bath.

I have to say that I am pretty sold on the whole experience. I have very sensitive skin that can't stand tap water (I wash with filtered, boiled water- yes it is that bad)The Blue Lagoon's warm water and natural active ingredients: salts, silica and blue green algae was super. Initially it felt tingly but then it helped me relax and it didn't cause an allergic reaction. The white Silica mud (which can be bought from the shop) cleanses and exfoliates the skin and has revitalizing effects on the skin while the blue green algae nourishes and softens the skin. For the price of entrance, this is superb.

Getting there is a slight problem but if you go on to the Blue Lagoon website they offer spa packages which are probably the best value for money. Otherwise local travel agents can easily hook you up with transport (I went on a tour bus)

If you happen to be in Iceland, GO!!! You'll leave feeling great and there is also a shop for you to buy their natural products to take home (if not more are available at the airport though not at a cheaper price)

• cfcamm published 09/12/2005
    more detail
  • Orella published 01/10/2005
    I'm a keen traveller, usually to hot places but this sounds wonderful!
  • kappaslappa published 30/09/2005
    Again as said below about more details :o)

Product Information : The Blue Lagoon, Iceland