The Body Shop Blackhead Remover

The Body Shop Blackhead Remover

Problem Skin

Review of "The Body Shop Blackhead Remover"

published 26/06/2008 | BananaNoodle
Member since : 25/06/2008
Good
Pro Removes Blackheads
Cons Leaves red marks, unclear how to use it.
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"Body Shop Black Head Remover"

I was recommended this by the staff in the Body Shop when I explained that I get the occasional blackhead and wanted to do something about it but didn't really want to spend a fortune on their lotions and potions.

It is essentially a metal stick about 10cm long with a metal loop on either end. One loop is HUGE and thick - I really don't know what you are supposed to do with that, you most certainly are not supposed to pop spots with it as that is very bad for your skin and can lead to scarring. Surely the Body Shop don't want you to do that?! But it is far too big for blackheads, either that or I haven't quite got the hang of how I'm supposed to use it.

The small loop is really useful. I don't get many blackheads but when I do this little tool comes in very handy.

I found the best time to use it is in the evening after a warm shower or bath. It has to be in the evening for me really as if I did it in the morning I would have red marks on my face throughout the day.

That is the main problem with this tool, you have to put pressure on it to push any blackheads out (the very thought makes me go ew..) and this leaves red indendations on my face. Maybe I am pushing too hard on it but it's the only way I can remove the blackheads.

In all I'd say this was a handy little device. Even if I can't work out what I'm supposed to do with the huge half. I'm not sure it's worth the money though, maybe there is a cheaper version of the same thing somewhere. It might make a good (but very strange) stocking filler.

This review was read 1954 times and was rated at

• Maestrolover published 27/06/2008
    Helpful review.
  • ItalianFran92 published 26/06/2008
    Helpful review :)
  • headcase44 published 26/06/2008
    Good review... surely that is larger at one end so that you cah hold the gizmo ? I'm sure somebody will know and put us straight...Thanks for the review.... J.