The Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter

The Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter

Body Butter

Review of "The Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter"

published 11/05/2004 | Lizard_Lover
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Leaves my skin feeling soft, supple and moisturised
Cons None

"Blueberry cocktails are good for the skin"

Body butter

Body butter

Us women seem to develop a beauty routine quite early on in our lives don’t we? In the week I tend to not wear much make up unless I’m going out to a meeting or somewhere equally as boring for work but there is one thing that I do every morning as part of my post bath or shower ritual and that’s to apply body lotion.

Back in the early Nineties as a young Mum with three children I developed dry patches on my knees which I’m sure were caused by knelling down to change the children when they were babies. I never seemed to have the time in those days to keep up with my beauty routine either as our lives seemed to be so busy each and very day so little things like moisturising my dry bits were quite often forgotten and more important things took over instead.

Now the children are all growing up I’ve got back into good habits once more and each morning after bathing or showering I slaver my body with body lotion. Of course I have my favourites and tend to veer towards sweet smelling lotions rather than the unscented kind because as well as moisturising they leave my skin smelling fresh and fragrant too.

Recently I’ve been buying a great deal of products from The Body Shop. The company have developed a wonderful and extensive range of lotions and potions but their body butters are quite simply the best lotion or potion I’ve ever slapped over my skin first thing in the morning.

Body Butter – it sounds so exotic doesn’t it and so much more exciting than body lotion or body cream? I ventured into the addictive world of Body Butters for the first time about six months ago after a trip to our local branch and have since been hooked. Row upon row of pots of differently fragranced butters line the shelves in all of the stores up and down the country as well as those abroad and all seem to be heavily promoting the body butters at the moment. They’re not the cheapest of creams though but they do come in two sizes to cater for everyone’s spending allowance. A 200ml tub normally retails at £10.00 although recently the store has been doing a 2 for £17 promotion, but they can also be bought in 50ml sizes normally in a pack of three varieties for £10 as well. Although I’ve never had any problems with skin irritations after using these it may be wise to buy the packs of three to begin with if you have sensitive skin.

The blueberry variety of the body butter is presented in a blue/grey circular tub on the top of which is a picture of a pile of succulent blueberries. Open the jar and the aroma of the sweet smelling fruit escapes in an enticing smelling trail from the pot. The body butter is a cream rather than a lotion and is quite firm to the touch. Your finger is not going to sink into this, instead you need to apply a little pressure before it penetrates the surface of the butter. The butter is not freezing cold as many lotions and creams seem to be these days but has a slightly cool feeling as it envelops the tips of my fingers, smothering them with the blueberry aroma. Just a small dab of this on my arm or leg is enough to moisturise the whole area with no hint of greasiness or oiliness at all. The butter is absorbed into my skin very quickly even after bathing so the whole moisturising process doesn’t take an age to carry out which is always an advantage first thing in the morning when the whole house is manic and everyone is hurrying to get ready for the day ahead.

The smell of the butter is the reason I’m a body butter addict though. He fruity blueberry smell lasts for hours on end, and I have received numerous comments on the ‘lovely smell’ that surrounds me like a cocoon when I’m wearing it. Despite the fact that the butter has a sweet fruity smell, it’s not overpowering or cloying in any way, in fact the smell on my skin is subtle but noticeable. I also love the fact that it’s a cream and not a lotion as I’ve so often applied far too much lotion which then takes an age to dry before I can get dressed. The Body Butter has a thick rich consistency that I can only compare with Nivea cream yet the smell is ten thousand times better and its staying power is second to none.

Since I’ve been using The Body Shop body butters I’ve noticed a visible difference in my skin on my knees and elbows. I’ve not got any dry patches any more, in fact they had all but disappeared within two weeks of using the butters. Compare this with a product such as Avon and although I used their body lotions for a number of years, they never eliminated my dry patches completely, all they did was improve them plus I had to apply them more than once per day unlike my little pot of perfection here. There’s more too. My skin feels moisturised all day and feels really smooth and silky as well as smelly fantastically fruity.

I don’t see any reason why I’m going to be changing my preferred choice of body moisturiser any time in the near future as body butters rock. They’re easy to apply, absorb quickly, moisturise wonderfully and smell absolutely divine. They are not messy like body lotions nor do they drip everywhere and run down your legs in angry rivers. They last for ages due to the fact you only need apply a small amount for wonderful results. Do you need any more reasons to go and buy some? Go on treat yourself. Head off to The Body Shop to bring out the fruitiness in you.

www.the-body-shop.com

• tashat published 01/05/2005
    Yeah I totally agree.... amazing stuff really! Try the passion fruit one too. x
  • ickle_vicki84 published 28/01/2005
    I have been trying this butter in blueberry everytime i go in, its gorgeous but the price always puts me off. The Body Shop should pay you cos i am now going to buy myself some now. Really Good review! Vicki x
  • sugarplum181 published 15/08/2004
    wow such a good review, I feel like buying it now.