The Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter

The Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter

Body Butter

Review of "The Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter"

published 11/05/2008 | beccy9992
Member since : 10/05/2008
Pro gorgeous smell, easily absorbed and skill feels fantastic
Cons slightly expensive, smells so good you may be tempted to eat it...
Accessibility
Duration of use

"Butterly Butterly Brilliant"

If you have not yet discovered the 'Body Butter' range produced by The Body Shop, I strongly urge you to hop foot it on down there…I do not hold any qualms to say that the range is truly a delight. My first experience of the Body Butter, was a rather delectable coconut flavour…it was absolutely delicious, and was brilliant for my skin which is prone to dry patches, which occasionally border on the painful. On running out, I decided I'd like to try a new one, which is when I stumbled across the gem that is the Blueberry Body Butter…

So what exactly is a Body Butter? I was, at first, a little apprehensive. As much as I adore butter on my toast, I was in no way keen at the prospect of spreading something so greasy all over my body. But do not be put off - it is simply a divine moisturiser. If you're looking for something that really does the job, this is the product for you!

Price and Availability: These are clearly only available from The Body Shop…I must admit that I have been lucky that wherever I've lived, there's been a Body Shop in close proximity, but for those who are not near a shop, there is of course the website. (www.thebodyshop.co.uk) where the entire body butter range is available. Just a quick note - it's definitely worth signing up to their newsletter for alerts of free delivery. The price of the Body Butter is not I admit cheap. A 200 ml tub is priced at £12 (although there is a two for £20 promotion on at the moment), whilst a 50ml tub is £5. The 50ml tubs are great when travelling or on holiday, but I would suggest going for the 200 ml tub for normal day to day use in terms of value for money. Also, you do not need copious amounts of the product because it is easily absorbed, therefore, the expression a little goes a long way, has never rung so true! It is also worth looking out for The Body Shop sales. The second tub of the Blueberry Body Butter I bought was a bargain at £6 - half price!

Packaging: The packaging is rather attractive. The Blueberry Body Butter comes in an appropriately blue circular tub, with some delicious looking blueberries displayed proudly on the front. It's one of the pretty products that I proudly display on my dressing table rather than confine it to the bathroom cabinet…

Also, I'm sure it's dependant on your particular local authority, but the packaging can be recycled which is great for our green conscious!

The Product Itself…
First of all, I really have to start with the smell. It's absolutely delicious when it's first applied and does smell strongly of blueberries. When it's absorbed onto skin, the smell is a lot more subtle, which personally I think is great…it leaves you smelling lovely and makes you feel very feminine, but is not so strong you leave a blueberry trail behind… You may be worried the smell is too sweet, but in my own experience, I do not think this is the case. It does not smell in the slightest bit of chemicals either. It might be important to add however, that if you don't like blueberries or the smell of them, this might not be the product for you….but don't be put off - definitely have a look at the other treats available in the range.

The consistency of the Body Butter is brilliant - as mentioned before, it really does not resemble butter, but rather is a gorgeous and thick moisturiser that is very easily absorbed. Afterwards it leaves your skin feeling extremely soft and smooth. It's also excellent to use after shaving (especially the legs!) - and really calms down any itching.

I cannot recommend this product strongly enough…alongside the gorgeous smell and excellent results that it provides, The Body Shop is an excellent company to buy from because of their stance on environmental issues and on animal testing. Although it is expensive, I really feel that it is 100% worth it. I think you all should go and give your skin a treat and indulge in the brilliance that is the Blueberry Body Shop Butter.

• Helenofellon published 14/05/2008
    Another great review Helen xx
  • Amy69 published 12/05/2008
    Very nice review! I love Body Butters but this particular one definitely doesn't appeal to me! xx
  • headcase44 published 11/05/2008
    Very good review...Not keen on Body Shop products. Thanks. J.