The Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter

The Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter

Body Butter

Review of "The Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter"

published 20/11/2014 | dkm1981
Member since : 17/02/2009
A very active twelve month old means less reviews from mum, but so many toys to review!
Good
Pro Lasts well, good moisturiser
Cons Smells very sweet, expensive at full price
Accessibility
Duration of use

"Sweet Sweet Sweet"

This is yet another of the vast range of Body Shop body butters that I have. I am a big fan of the product in general, although I have to admit that this is not my favourite version of it by a long shot.

The thing I love most about this body butter, and in fact all of the ones from the Body Shop, is the fact that it is really thick which means it lasts for absolutely ages - I find that a tub generally lasts me about six months with very regular use. The other good thing about the thickness is the fact that it makes it a really good moisturiser and it leaves my skin feeling really hydrated and smooth.

I find that it is suitable for all over your body, including your face. One thing you do need to do though is soften it up a bit in your hands first otherwise it is tough to put on because it is so thick.

The body butters in general pack a punch when it comes to their scent and this is great when it is a scent that you like. And therein lies the problem for me because this blueberry one is just too sweet. It certainly smells like blueberry (or at least like blueberry things generally smell), but with it being not one that I particularly like, I find it a bit overpowering and too much to put up with all day.

The body butter has a recommended retail price of £13 for a 200ml tub. This seems expensive at face value, but I think it is pretty good value because of the longevity of the product. Having said that, this is one of their seasonal ones that tends to be available in summer so at the end of the season it's price is slashed - I actually got mine for the bargain sum of £5.

Overall I would recommend the product in general but not this version unless you like the sweeter smells - I would definitely suggest trying a tester before you buy. If you can get it at the discounted price - even better!

• mousy86 published 03/03/2015