Body Butter

Review of "The Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter"

published 18/09/2015 | Silveryew
Member since : 01/06/2014
A lady from the Nørth. During Mum's preoperative assessment in May 2016 it was discovered that the cancer they were going to remove is now too far advanced to treat. I'm back after a really rough half year, glad to be<3 https://silveryew.wordpress.com/
Pro Smells lovely and sweet, keeps you moisturised for the day, not greasy.
Cons I think this may have been discontinued:( not for those who have a nut or sesame seed allergy.
Accessibility
Duration of use

"Becoming a blueberry - The Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter."

The Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter

This was another one of the three body butters I bought in the sale at the Body Shop earlier this year. It cost me £6 at the time and I had the option to either buy it through the Body Shop website or in-store but I think it has been discontinued as well, because doing a search for it, it directs me to the 'Why has a product been discontinued?' FAQ. I have done a search and I have had one hit on amazon.co.uk where a private seller is selling one for £11.99 plus p&p. So I am wondering if this one is toast as well. I think body butters from The Body Shop usually cost £13 any way so this is not too far off the mark.

One jar contains 200ml of product. It is thick and creamy but not greasy to touch, and it is white with a slight blue tinge.

It comes in a light blue tub with a screw on lid, and on the lid there's a label with a blueberry and the Body Shop logo in silver. On the side it says it provides 24 hours of moisturisation, to keep it out of reach of children and not to eat it. It says it is made with cold pressed blueberry seed oil from North America and that it is 'hydration for dry skin'. On the label on the underside of the tin it advises to use it within 12 months once opened, to store in a cool place and that it's not suitable for use on the face. It also says it supports community fair trade as it sources the cocoa and shea butter they use from Ghana.

The body butter contains the following, according to the jar:
Aqua , Octyl Palmitate, Theobroma cacao seed butter, Butyrospermum parkii, glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, C12-15 Akyl Benzoate, Cera Alba, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil, Bertholletia Excelsia seed oil, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Vaccinium Myrtillus seed oil, parfum/fragrance, Xanthan Gum, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium hydroxide, citric acid.

It does say it contains sesame seed oil - have had a look at the Allergy UK website and it says that people who are allergic to nuts and sesame seeds should avoid this in cosmetics as well as they have had reports of hypersensistive patients developing hives after using products with sesame seed oil in.

In use, I find that the body butter is thick and nice, but not greasy - it absorbs quickly and keeps my skin moisturised for the day until I shower again the following day.

Out of the three I bought (why yes, my husband is a guinea pig!), my husband thought this one smelt the best of the three. He said it smells sweet and berryish, but its not sickly. I find that when I have used it in the morning the scent is still present in the evening. I would recommend it and if it appears again it is something I would buy again.

• 2mennycds published 07/11/2015
    vh review
  • ladyofflame published 30/09/2015
    The Body Shop never run out of ideas for their body butters!
  • StewwyB published 26/09/2015