The Body Shop Body Spray White Musk

The Body Shop Body Spray White Musk

Body Spray

Review of "The Body Shop Body Spray White Musk"

published 18/10/2002 | junkboxjules
Member since : 29/04/2002
Pro Subtle fragrance, smells lovely, not expensive, aroma lasts for ages
Cons I've yet to come across any disadvantages
Packaging
Fragrance
Soothing
Refreshing

"FROM DAWN TIL DUSK YOU'LL FEEL SEXY IN WHITE MUSK"

I like to use a perfume/body spray fragrance daily but don't want to use my most expensive designer perfumes just to wear to work and to collect my son from school etc, so I was looking for a cheap but pleasant scent to wear during the day that would keep me smelling gorgeous without costing me a small fortune.

I recently purchased a Body Shop Moonflower Bath Bomb and loved the fragrance so I decided that I would see if they did a body spray or perfume in the same fragrance. At the time of my visit a couple of weeks ago The Body Shop were in the process of repackaging the Moonflower products and although they do normally sell both an Eau de Toilette and a Body Spray in the Moonflower fragrance unfortunately they did not have any in stock.

Determined not to give up in my quest to find a cheap fragrance I perused the shelves in The Body Shop and decided that I would look for an alternative. Much to my husbands annoyance, (he hates shopping), I slowly ploughed my way through the various bottles of scented sprays before I finally came across the White Musk fragrance - one spray of this and I knew I'd found what I was looking for - a pleasant but subtle fragrance suitable for day to day use without a designer price tag, the fact that the packaging for the White Musk range is a pale lilac colour had nothing to do with my choice, lol.

The White Musk collection is quite extensive and there are lots of products available to choose from including the following Bath and Shower Gel, Dusting Powder, Body Lotion, Soap, Home Fragrance Oil, Eau de Toilette, Eau De Parfum and Body Spray. All these products can be used on their own for a subtle fragrance and some of them can be used together to compliment each other and intensify the overall fragrance.

The Body Shop describe the White Musk range as being "the first fragrance anywhere to avoid the traditional cruel methods of gathering real musk from deer and civets. The range is designed for self-indulgent pampering, even when you're rushing against the clock. It leaves the skin feeling as soft as velvet with a sensual, subtle aroma."

Initially I had been looking for a perfume but having sniffed and squirted both the Eau De Toilette and the Body Spray I decided that the Body Spray was more than adequate for my requirements, it was also cheaper and contained 100 ml as opposed to the smallest Eau De Toilette which contains only 30 ml.

The White Musk Body Spray is packaged in a 100 ml plastic transparent bottle which has a slight lilac tinge to it, (anything coloured lilac is normally a winner with me). The top of the bottle has a typical push down type spray button and this is protected and encased in a clear lid.

The front of the bottle has the product name and fragrance subtly emblazoned across it in a grape coloured fancy text along with details of the product size and The Body Shop logo and name which are also written in the grape coloured lettering.

The reverse of the bottle contains details about the fragrance, a list of ingredients and details of the manufacturers contact details, again all these details are written in the grape coloured text.

The Body Shop are against animal testing and do not test any of their products or ingredients on animals, nor do they commission others to do so on their behalf.

**THE FRAGRANCE**

I have tried long and hard trying to find a way to accurately describe the White Musk fragrance but it is quite difficult to put into words. The fragrance is delicate, light, subtle but effective and has quite a pure, virginal but sexy, clean and crisp scent which is not sickly sweet or overpowering.

When I first walk into a room I am looking for something that emits a delicate but pleasant aroma and does not knock out or choke those around me, the White Musk Body Spray allows me to can create that effect.

Whilst the Body Spray is obviously more subtle than the Eau De Toilette or the Eau De Parfum I feel that it stills emits an adequate aroma which lasts for many hours. I applied it yesterday at 8.30am and was still able to smell it on my skin 12 hours later, the aroma was not as strong as it was when I first applied the spray but it was definitely still there and if I was to have become intimate with my husband I feel sure that he would have still been able to notice the delicate fragrance lingering on my body.

A 100 ml bottle of White Musk Body Spray costs £5.00, I have had my bottle for around 4 weeks now and despite using it most days since I still have ¾ of the bottle left. Because it is a mist spray one spritz tends to cover quite a large area so you don't need to use a massive amount to gain the desired effect. The product reference number for the White Musk Body Spray is 37270.

If you are looking for a delicate day time or night time fragrance which is sexy without choking you or others and is not overly sweet I would highly recommend that you pop into the Body Shop and take a look at the White Musk range of products. There are always tester sprays available in store so you don't need to purchase the product first to see if you like it.

For further information about this product or other Body Shop products you can either write to the Body Shop at The Bodyshop International Plc, BN17 6LS or visit their website at www.the-body-shop.com.

Thank you for reading.

Julie

• vicky27 published 22/10/2002
    I love white musk, and ask for it every birthday and christmas lol, The smell is calm and mild, nice op.
  • chachaqueen published 21/10/2002
    Sounds like a good one. I can't be doing with fragrances that knock everyone flat at 30 paces with a force 10 gale blowing away from them! Tanya
  • kellyv43 published 20/10/2002
    I use this body spray myself. Good op.