Review of "The Body Shop Carrot Moisture Cream"

published 15/05/2013 | Absinthe_Fairy
Member since : 03/01/2011
Happy 2016!
Pro Softens skin, non-oily, gentle
Cons Slightly heavy for the summer
How easily is it absorbed?

"Carrots in a face cream? Whatever next?"

The Body Shop Carrot Moisture Cream

The Body Shop Carrot Moisture Cream

I really like The Body Shop and often make online orders from their range when there is a special offer on. This product, the Carrot Moisture Cream, is much cheaper than many of their other ranges, at only £4 for 50ml, but I still managed to get it half price!

I used to have really sensitive skin and couldn’t use any skincare other than Simple. Nowadays, my skin isn’t as sensitive and I can get away with more, hence why I was willing to try this product. It is part of a range which includes Body Shop products that were popular in the past, and is packaged accordingly, with a green label bearing a picture of an old-style store. The tub itself is pale orange, complementing the cream, which is a similar shade.

The cream is definitely a cream rather than a lotion: it is thick but not ridiculously so. My first impression was that it seemed moisturising but not greasy: handy as I do have combination skin but like something a bit more moisturising in the winter. It smells of something that is recognisably carrot-like, albeit transformed into a face cream: the smell is by no means overpowering and I actually found it to be quite pleasant. The cream contains Community Trade beeswax, which helps to keep moisture in the skin.

I only need to use a small amount of the cream at a time, and dab a little onto my finger before dotting it onto my face and blending in. It sinks in pretty well and my face doesn’t look particularly shiny, although I always apply powder as a matter of routine. The cream doesn’t irritate my skin at all.

I have been impressed with this cream: it is intense enough to keep my skin soft, without any dry patches, during the winter, including the cold spell we had a couple of weeks ago. It isn’t particularly greasy either, and I haven’t noticed an increase in spots at all, or any more shine than usual on my face. In fact, if anything, the shine has been less. I think the cream might be slightly too intense for the summer, but for the colder winter months it is ideal.

Overall, I like and would highly recommend this Carrot Face Cream. It’s a bargain even at full price, and works very well indeed.

• Lalibela published 15/05/2013
    All the carrot splashed across your face. Good for seeing in the dark?
  • Elysia2003 published 15/05/2013
    Carrots in a cake? :)
  • Milliesmum123 published 15/05/2013
    Never heard of carrot in a cream!