The Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub

The Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub

Review of "The Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub"

published 24/01/2012 | Absinthe_Fairy
Member since : 03/01/2011
Happy 2016!
Pro Smells nice, works well
Cons Expensive
Does it smell good?

"Yummy coconut scrub"

I was in The Body Shop renewing my Love Your Body card and the helpful assistant gave me three free product samples, which I was able to choose myself! One of the items I chose was the Coconut Body Scrub.

I try to use a body scrub at least twice a week, because it helps my skin to stay moisturised, smooth and supple, and it is imperative on my legs now I've begun to epilate them. Therefore I always keep at least one body scrub handy in my drawer.

The Coconut Body Scrub is available in two sizes: the standard size larger tub which contains 200ml of product and costs £12.50, and the travel size which is smaller, contains 50ml of product and costs £5. Body Shop products are certainly expensive, but they are also good quality and are often on special offer, such as the two tubs for £15 offer that was in place recently. The tub is brown in colour with a label bearing a picture of some coconuts, the name of the product and other information including an ingredients list which is on the base of the product. The scrub contains coconut oil, which moisturises the skin, coconut husk and ground coconut shells which exfoliate, and marula oil which is described as a very effective moisturiser and contains fatty acids to help restore moisture to the skin. The scrub is designed to be quite gentle, exfoliating while leaving skin soft and smooth.

The product is creamy-white in colour and contains little black dots which I assume to be the ground coconut shells. The scrub smells quite strongly of coconut. When I went to use it, I scooped some out and found that it was quite thick, a good thing as this made it less likely to run away down the plughole! The product was easy to use and I was able to give my legs and arms a good scrub, as well as other areas, seeing as the scrub was quite gentle. Only a small amount of the scrub needs to be used at any one time, so I think the product would last quite a long time. I was very happy with the scrub's effect on my skin, which was left soft and smooth.

I enjoyed using this scrub, but I probably wouldn't buy it again, simply because of personal preference - I would rather use the Soap and Glory scrub or a solid sugar scrub from Lush. This is purely down to my own taste and is no fault of the product. I do recommend the scrub as it does a good job, especially if you like coconut - it just might be worth waiting until The Body Shop have a special offer on!

In summary, a good quality scrub that does a good job.

• kiss_me2070 published 25/01/2012
    I use the Cocoa Butter scrub from the body shop and love it. I do agree it is quite expensive though. Great review.
  • supersonic75 published 24/01/2012
    Ooh this sounds my kinda thing! x
  • ChemicalRomance published 24/01/2012
    Ohh smelling like a bounty! :P