The Body Shop Lip care

The Body Shop Lip care

Lip Make-up - Lip Care

Review of "The Body Shop Lip care"

published 06/12/2002 | Baywatch_Fan2002
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro smells like rum and raisin ice cream
Cons slides off easily, greasy
Absorbency
Gloss?
Frequency of Reapplication

"Rum Raisin Lip Balm"

Lick it up, lick it up, ahh ahh ahh - it's all the rage now..... sorry I just got carried away.

Rum Raisin lip balm is manufactured by The Body Shop and is an excellent treat for all rum and raisin ice cream fans out there. Once the lid is unscrewed, the aroma of rum and raisin drifts out into the atmosphere. It smells so lovely that I take it with me everywhere (except the toilet of course) and have a good old sniff every now and again. It smells just like rum and raisin ice cream.

Now before I go any further, can you guess where I got my little tub of luxury from? Yep you've guessed it - another ebay bargain. The RRP in The Body Shop is £2.50 but I won it off ebay for £1.50 including P&P so I was pretty pleased with myself.

It comes in a small tub. The bottom is made of see through glass and shows the lip balm inside and the lid is black with a white label on which has the body shop logo and the flavour of the lip balm on. It comes in a size 15ml only, but it lasts a long time. It looks like a shot glass of Baileys as it is a creamy, beigey colour. I swirl it around in a circle with my finger before applying it to my lips. It is of a quite thick consistency. It slides on to lips easily and helps to stop lips feeling dry and chapped. Well at least it should do anyway, but I constantly bite my lips, so I don't know why I use this. Actually I use it mostly because of the smell.

Depending on how much you apply to your lips you will smell some rum and raisin. It smells so good, that I want to grab myself an icecream cone and apply the lip balm on the top and eat it. Yum Yum.

When I apply it to my lips they feel a little greasy and when I have a drink it tends to slide off easily, so I have to keep applying it alot. It makes my lips shine too.

If you love the taste of rum and raisin then you will adore this little lip balm beauty

• redroses1983 published 25/01/2004
    Another good review
  • Schmutzie published 31/12/2002
    I must get this. It sounds gorgeous.
  • Karen1203 published 28/12/2002
    Don't fancy rum & raisin much, but my hubby loves it, do you think this would be too shiny for him lol!