The Body Shop Organic Cotton Rounds x 100

The Body Shop Organic Cotton Rounds x 100

Review of "The Body Shop Organic Cotton Rounds x 100"

published 14/07/2012 | daisyleex
Member since : 24/05/2011
Pro Brilliant quality, soft, good value
Cons None
Does it smell good?

"The Body Shop Organic Cotton Rounds"

I've been using these cotton rounds for a good few months now and I really reccommend them! At £2.50 per pack of 100, they're not the cheapest brand of cotton wool available, but I can really tell the difference between this brand and the brand that I used previously - the quality shines through and they're amazingly durable and soft. Even though they're more expensive than a majority of drugstore/supermarket own brands, I actually feel that they're better value for money as they're stronger. I used to buy Superdrug's own brand before I discovered these, and the difference between the two is very noticeable.

These cotton pads are much softer and gentle on the skin and they don't break up even when drenched in makeup remover. With the Superdrug cotton wool it would often break up and bits of cotton would stick to my face (not good at all!) and it would take at least 5 rounds of it to completely cleanse and tone, whereas The Body Shop's cotton rounds are much more durable and resistent. These pads come in a good quality plastic packet which is transparent. The packet has a drawstring on the top which I really like as it keeps the pads clean and I can just put the pack in my dressing table draw without worrying that they'll spill out. The branding on the packaging is very minimal and there's simply The Body Shop's logo and the product name.

These pads are available in rounds or squares, and I opted for the rounds. These are obviously circular and they're white. The pads have two differently textured surfaces - one side is quite plain and one has a kind of criss cross pattern. The Body shop state that one side is for lotions while the other is for liquids. I don't usually take much notice of which side that I am using though as the more textured surface isn't at all exfoliating like I was expecting and to be honest I can't really see the point, although I do usually use the plain side when removing eye makeup as it's a little smoother. Both sides are very soft and gentle on the skin and the pads are really handy.

I use these for a range of things, mainly beauty related, although they're soft enough to be used to clean my baby's face in the mornings/after feeds and they're nice and gentle. They're ideal for applying bio oil to my face as well as cleansing and toning and they're durable enough to remove nail varnish without breaking up and leaving bits of fluff behind. The pads don't absorb all of the moisture from my toner, cleanser etc like the pads that I used previously did, which means that none of the product goes to waste, and it also goes onto my skin much more smoothly as the pad glides along my skin. When I'm rubbing a pad on my skin to remove heavy eye makeup etc it doesn't tear or fluff up at all and I am really impressed with how good quality these pads are.

Overall, these are brilliant! They are a little pricey but well worth it. 5/5.

• VampirePrincessLizzy published 14/07/2012
    I used when the kids were born :)
  • kevin121 published 14/07/2012
    Yep, they sound good value.