The Body Shop Seaweed Purifying Cleanser

The Body Shop Seaweed Purifying Cleanser

Cleanser / Exfoliator

Review of "The Body Shop Seaweed Purifying Cleanser"

published 08/01/2009 | complexbanana1
Member since : 07/01/2009
Pro For combination skin, doesn't irritate sensitive skin, made from natural products
Cons Fairly expensive
How does it affect your skin?
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"Great for Sensitive Combination Skin"

I bought this facial wash from the Body Shop, which is well known for its use of natural ingredients and policy against animal testing. This is great, but I do notice that because of it, you pay a lot more than you would for your average facial cleanser.

What particularly interested me about this product was that it was particularly for combination skin. I have an oily T-Zone which is prone to pimples and blackheads, but my cheeks are dry and I often have dry patches of skin which flake. When I use products for oily skin, the rest of my face suffers and when I use products for dry skin my T-Zone breaks out.

This product was great for my face. The pimples on my face were greatly reduced and the rest of my face didn't become irritated or overly dry.

The fact that the product was mostly natural, meant that my sensitive skin wasn't at all irritated and my face seemed softer and almost luminous.

Personally, I love this product. It seems to fit my face perfectly and I am willing to pay the extra cost for that. However, for the average person who just wants a cleanser to get rid of pimples there are plenty of cheaper products on the market that will do just as well.