Review of "The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Facial Wash"

published 14/09/2006 | sega1714
Member since : 13/09/2006
Satisfactory
Pro Cheaper than other brands
Cons It dries the skin
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"I was expecting more from the body shop"

I am quite a convert to the body shop, I have been for quite a few years, not just because of their gorgeous products but also for their ethical approach to business.
However, I was disappointed with this face wash. First, when you use it your skin feels very tight and dry. After a while, however the oil comes back with more intensity.
It is a harsh face wash, by stripping away your natural oils rather than washing away impurities it forces your skin to produce even more oil than previously.
As the name indicates, it smells of tea tree essential oil which is quite a strong smell (slightly masculine). It has a liquid consistency and a kind of bottle green colour.
Oily skin, especially if it's sensitive as well, should stay clear from this face wash.
The Body Shop have some great lines of products (I particularly love their Spa Wisdom range) but their tea tree oil range is far from the level of quality you would expect from this brand.

• vixsta14 published 15/09/2006
    I wasnt too pleased with this either xx
  • satyamkhurana published 15/09/2006
    lol this happens to be the third Body Shop review I've come acroos in one day! Sorry to hear about your bad experience xx
  • madmoo75 published 15/09/2006
    I also have sensitive skin and normally find tea tree great so was quite surprised to hear that this one was bad and i would avoid it as i would not want to spend out my money to find it did the same to me, so it was very helpful to me