Review of "The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Facial Wash"

published 26/02/2012 | Dalbx
Member since : 15/02/2012
Pro Clean, Clear, Shine free skin
Cons May dehydrate dry skin, but has been fine on my dry skin.
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash: Refreshed and clean!"

The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash

The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash

-- Reasons for buying --
This facial wash came in a gift set amongst other tea tree products. My mum bought it for me, as recently my acne has flared up again and she had heard this was really good as getting rid of it.

-- The claim --
The face wash is said to remove excess oil without drying the skin, to remove impurities and is cynically proven to give clearer looking skin.

-- Appearance --
The facial wash is green and comes in a transparent plastic bottle, with a flip open lid. Around the centre of the bottle is a sticky label showing the brand logo, some information about the product and the products name. Also showed on the bottle is the ingredients, which are of course all natural.

-- Using the product --
I like to use this every morning and night. Usually at night I will use this along with the Body shop facial brush, to get rid of all the trapped dirt, oils and makeup. You only need to use a pea sized amount at a time, as it foams easily. I massage this really well into my skin until it has lathered up and then rinse my face thoroughly.

-- My experience --
I really enjoyed using this product as it did leave my skin extremely refreshed, clean and not at all dry. I have tried a few other brands of tea tree before, which completely dried out my skin, causing a lot of irritation and flakey patches. This is very nice to use and did really help keeping my skin clear and I believe it has also faded my scars on my cheeks which is fantastic. I think using the whole brand of products which achieve the best results. But sometimes for me having really dry skin, I find a couple of the products in this gift set dry out my skin than others. After using this my skin didn't feel tight or dry and was left really refreshed and smooth. I can't fault this product in anyway as it is such a nice products, a smaller sized gift set is available if you wanted to try it for yourself, without having to spend a lot of money on the larger sizes, just in case you don't get on with it.

-- Price and Availability --
The facial wash is available in Body shop stores and online. It costs only £4.50, which I think is extremely reasonable as you know your getting a good quality natural product.

-- Conclusion --
I would recommend this product to anyone who suffers from acne or breakouts, as it really has helped to clear up my skin. It's a great price for the 250ml you receive and I will definitely be re-purchasing!

• Spottydog11 published 26/02/2012
    This makes my skin really dry x
  • Dalbx published 26/02/2012
    @Nar2 - I know I moved to the Superdrug's own brand of Tea Tree as it was cheaper. But it's no where as good as this! I'm glad I've moved back to it!
  • Nar2 published 26/02/2012
    Its been ages since I bought this - and it sounds like its great as ever!