The Body Shop Vanilla Spice Body Butter

The Body Shop Vanilla Spice Body Butter

Body Butter

Review of "The Body Shop Vanilla Spice Body Butter"

published 08/02/2012 | Absinthe_Fairy
Member since : 03/01/2011
Happy 2016!
Pro Delicious scent, highly moisturising
Cons High price at full price
Accessibility
Duration of use

"Lovely body butter"

I'm a sucker for a sale, and when I popped into The Body Shop recently and saw that they had 50ml tubs of their Spiced Vanilla Body Butter from last Christmas on sale for £3, I took the plunge and bought one. I love The Body Shop's body butters as they are incredibly moisturising, and I thought Spiced Vanilla sounded like a lovely scent.

The body butter comes in a pale brown/cream tub with a bronze coloured lid. The label is cream with a dark red line and a darker brown pattern. The butter is designed for normal to dry skin and is "sweetly scented with a hint of spice and extract of vanilla". The packaging states that it is quickly absorbed and leaves skin softer and smoother.

The product contains no parabens (which are believed by some to be hazardous to health, although I personally have no problem with their existence in beauty products). It is made with real vanilla extract and Community Fair Trade cocoa butter. This cocoa butter comes from cocoa beans harvested by the Kuapa Kokoo Co-operative in Ghana, which is one of the biggest fair trade co-operatives in the world and has helped to fund education and medical care for members and their families.

On opening the tub, the butter is off-white in colour with a delicious vanilla scent. The pure vanilla is tempered by a hint of spice to create a deeper, more sophisticated scent. The body butter is quite thick, with a smooth buttery texture although it is thicker and less greasy than real butter. It is easy to smooth on the skin and doesn't take too long to absorb (longer than a lighter body lotion though).

I normally use body lotion during the day and save body butter for the evening. I normally apply it after my post-gym shower and then pop my pyjamas on. I found that this body butter was incredibly moisturising, even on my fairly dry skin. My skin felt soft and moisturised right up until the next morning. Also, the delicious spiced vanilla scent really lasted on my skin, again until the next morning.

I didn't find that I had to use too much of this body butter at once, so my small tub lasted me a few weeks.

I loved using this body butter. It smelled delicious and was incredibly moisturising. Using it felt like a very luxurious experience. I may pick up some more this year seeing as The Body Shop have brought out the body butter in Spiced Vanilla again (in slightly different packaging), along with several other items in the range including shower gel, soap, body lotion and handwash. I'm not sure if the smaller body butter is around though - on the Body Shop website I can only find the larger 200ml version at £12.50.

• catsholiday published 08/02/2012
    Sounds a good one at that price
  • Sam-I-Am published 08/02/2012
    I'd love to stock up on bargains like these as presents for my daughter, but I'd need another suitcase to carry themX
  • kat123456 published 08/02/2012