Review of "The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Cream"

published 27/07/2005 | annatrixie
Member since : 21/07/2004
Good
Pro Vitamin E is undoubtedly good for your skin.
Cons Leaves a shiny face, seems to clog pores and not good for sensitive skin.
How easily is it absorbed?

"Body Shop Vitamin E, not good for all skin types."

bodyshop vitamin e

bodyshop vitamin e

I have sensitive skin and generally stick to my regular moisturising skin cream but on going into the Body Shop and seeing this Vitamin E cream, decided to have a change.

Anyone that has read magazines and articles about skin will know the recomendation is drink plenty of water, plenty of sleep and Vitamin E. Seeing this cream in the Body Shop I asked the shop assistant if it was ok for sensitive skin and she assured me it is "great for all skin types". The price was reasonable so I gave it a go.

It smells pretty good which is always a bonus and you get quite a lot for your money so for value I would say it's pretty good. It costs about £3 depending on which city you buy it in, I live in a small city in the South West and its £3 here.

After using it once my skin did feel ok but after one week my skin felt puffy as if it was clogging it. Also, I began to feel slightly itchy. I carried on as I know that sometimes after time these things can get better but my skin got worse. In the end, under my eyes formed a real reaction. I have now heard similar things happened to friends with sensitive skin.

I would not recommend this cream for anyone with sensitive skin even though it says for all skin types, but for anyone with normal "tough" skin I would say give it a try!

• vixsta14 published 09/07/2006
    Great review have used this before and didnt really rate it xx
  • saraha007 published 27/07/2005
    Some good helpful advice there. Sarahx
  • lipsalve published 27/07/2005
    Very helpful to someone with sensitive skin! Jo x