Review of "The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink In Moisture Mask"

published 26/06/2010 | InchyInchy
Member since : 21/06/2010
Good
Pro It does what it sets out to do just not much more.
Cons It's not the best moisture face mask out there.

"A rather forgettable but good moisture mask - The Body Shop Vitam"

The Body Shop Vitamin E sink-in moisture mask

I bought this product over the Christmas period when between the weather, the usual seasonal stress and decorating my flat my skin was far from its best condition. I went out looking for a bit of a skin pick me up and a nice soothing treat.
The body shop in general is a great place to shop with a huge range of different skincare products, make-up supplies and tonnes of special treats such as the moisture soak face mask I purchased.

--The how to bit--

I’m sure that everyone knows what to do with a face mask but here are my hints and tips anyway.

It is very simple and easy to apply, take a small amount and smooth a thin layer onto dry, clean skin. Then sit back and enjoy for 10 minutes or so, just after you have applied it you may experience a very pleasant and slightly cooling sensation. When you are ready to remove it, simply wipe away with a tissue, or as the shop assistant recommended to me that you could for a more intensive moisturising treatment, leave on overnight. Personally, I prefer to apply mine and then go sit in the bath with lots of bubbles and just enjoy feeling pampered for a while.

--Is it any good?--

This moisturiser does exactly what it says on the tin – so to speak. Personally, I have found that after I use this my skin does feel better, I don’t tend to use it on a frequent basis just when the mood takes me and I fancy a little pampering session. It does sometimes leave my skin feeling a little greasy but this is easily cured by rinsing your face after use rather than just wiping it away as the instructions suggest. By rinsing it off I still get a really moisturised feel to my skin but none of the oily feeling.

I love the smell of it. It’s got quite a strong smell that might put some people off but I find it rather pleasant. I’m smelling in now trying to put my finger on what it smells like but I can’t quite explain it.

--So why does it make a good moisturising face mask?--

”Vitamin E - Is a naturally powerful and one of the best antioxidants that help protect the skin against damaging environmental elements, such as the sun, pollution and cigarette smoke. Helps neutralise free radicals, which are destructive molecules that attack cells and harm the skin.

Organic Soya Oil - Is very rich in essential fatty acids that help to repair the skin's moisture barrier, thus helping to restore moisture, smoothness and suppleness.

Wheat germ oil - Moisturises, nourishes and helps to condition the skin. As nature's richest source of vitamin e and provides additional antioxidant protection and moisturisation.”

- Taken from the body shop website in regards to the product being reviewed.
I also use this particular face mask for my hands, when they are feeling a bit dry I cover them in the Vitamin E sink-in moisture mask and put on those gloves. Of course do this right before bed because you can’t do too much more with your hands. I find that in the morning they feel a lot more softer and well moisturised. I have also used this as a hand cream but be careful a little does a lot, you have to leave it to soak in for a few moment and you’ll find your hands are nice and smooth.

--The cost--

It is retailing for around £9.50 (in store anyway) for a 100ml tube, personally I have found with body shop’s similar products that means about twenty or so uses. From looking around online I did notice that on the body shop website it has gone up in price and is now retailing for £10 for the 100ml tube.

If you like this product then there is also more products available in the same Vitamin E skin care range, such as a day cream and night cream, face wash and an eye cream – which is another one I own. It really is a nice moisturising face mask but it is also a really nice range of products on the whole.

--My overall opinion--

From reading some of the other reviews some people seem to love this one while others would have rather avoided it all together.

I am going to give this face mask a three out of five stars. A score that I have said in other reviews is not meant to be a negative review just that I do enjoy this product I think it is pretty average in the grand scale of moisture masks I have tried. It did exactly what I wanted it to do but it didn’t do anymore, my skin was moisturised and it did feel better there just isn’t anything that memorable about this particular face mask.

• catsholiday published 20/12/2010
    This sounds quite nice
  • hayleigh_18 published 29/06/2010
    Very helpful review! I love Bodyshop products!
  • liolia79 published 28/06/2010