The Body Shop Wild Cherry Body Scrub

The Body Shop Wild Cherry Body Scrub

Review of "The Body Shop Wild Cherry Body Scrub"

published 06/10/2011 | sarahbarrow
Member since : 11/05/2007
Well that was the longest couple of weeks break I've ever had! xx
Good
Pro Did work effectively.
Cons The smell just wasn't up to par for the body shop.
Does it smell good?
How easily is it absorbed?
How does it affect your skin?

"Fruity chemicals!"

After receiving a bag full of goodies that my sister claimed she will never use (though I do think she just feels sorry for me as I plead poverty so much at the moment!), I was delighted to find that she had included a whole stack of delicious sounding body scrubs from The Body shop for me, which of course I just had to use….quickly!

This particular one was of the scent range I had previous had the butter in (another present from the bag!), so ha high hopes for the scrub too, as the butter was fantastic!

The scrub itself is held within a wide topped, screw lidded jar, with the information that his is suitable for “normal skin”, and containing tantalising cherry oil.

To use you gently rub over damp skin, then after rubbing for a while you simply rinse off, which (after a few minutes anyway!) should leave you with nice smooth skin, minus any dead or flaky skin.

This particular scrub is a nice cherry read colour, almost resembling jam, with there being two different looking and sized exfoliant beads within it, the first resembling sand and the second looking like strawberry pips.

I scooped a small amount out and smoothed it over my legs (which is the one area I use the scrub the most, due to the amount of shaving I have to do on my yeti legs!), then gently rubbed it over the surface for a few minutes then washed it off.

My skin did feel softer after use, though I did have a bit of a fight on my hands to initially wash the scrub off, not only does it look like jam but also sticks like it too!

I also had to slather a good body butter on afterwards too, this is though due to the removal of skin rather than how harsh the product itself is.

Any downsides, only the smell!

The product is described as “wild cherry”, but all I got was fruity chemicals, not even smelling synthetically like cherries, and though not unpleasant enough to discontinue use, I would never buy this for myself, which is a real shame as the body butter from the same range is delectably scented.

Price wise these are available in all “flavours”, for around the £6.00 mark.

Thanks for reading x

• Jake_Speed published 06/10/2011
    Love cherries!
  • LadyValkyrie published 06/10/2011
    Fruity chemicals - nice!
  • Alyson29 published 06/10/2011
    I wasn't very impressed with this one x