The Car Shop Northampton Car Supermarket

The Car Shop Northampton Car Supermarket

Review of "The Car Shop Northampton Car Supermarket"

published 01/08/2010 | LarryJK
Member since : 01/08/2010
Pro If the car wasn't a lemon? They're conveniently situated. Otherwise, none I can think of.
Cons Where do I start?
Price
Service
Efficiency

"Pushy sales, bad customer service, dodgy car"

Seems I'm not the only one to buy a dodgy Volvo from this outfit, judging by previous reviews. I also purchased a warranty but paid over 700 quid for mine. Within four months of purchase a major fault developed which would have cost £1300 if I hadn't had the warranty. Three months after that another fault, not covered by the warranty, cost me almost £450. The car's only four years old and I bought it from The Car shop just under a year ago! Another reviewer here is correct - a lot of these cars are definitely ex-company and therefore, by definition, have the guts knocked out of them. My car windows rattle like a cage on the motorway, which is something I didn't get the chance to test until I'd had the car for three months, so I'm stuffed. A couple of years ago I bought an Astra from this lot and it seemed okay. I just happened to sell it after nine months to accommodate our growing family, which the Astra couldn't do. But on that occasion and with the Volvo the salesman took our details, showed us a car, then toddled off to 'his manager' to 'see if he could get us a good deal'. I've spoken to other buyers and this is apparently what they do all the time. When I bought the Volvo the salesman disappeared three times, each time making me think he was 'working hard to bring the price down'. Don't fall for it - there is no 'see the manager' - he's probably off on a toilet break or having a quick coffee! They know exactly what the base price is and they'll never go below it. They just make you think you're getting a deal. The other thing to look out for if you're part-exchanging - don't take the price they offer for your car. They'll try to convince you that all their part-exchanges go to auction and they could lose money. That's rubbish - they never lose money.

• LarryJK published 10/08/2010
    What? How d'you work that one out?
  • thedevilinme published 01/08/2010
    isnt it obvious you would get a rubbish car here ?