Living Room - Type: Air Freshener - Diffuser

Review of "The Country Candle Company Orchard Range Reed Diffuser"

published 10/08/2017 | ANNExTHExFLAN
Member since : 12/05/2015
Pro Beautiful fragrance. Attractive packaging. Simple to use.
Cons No disadvantages.

"Reeds for fragrance?"

The Country Candle Company Orchard Range Reed Diffuser

My small business has gone from strength to strength recently, I design and create bespoke wooden decor for the home and whilst I have only an offline business model I have recently been asked to offer some of my products for sale in a small nearby gift shop. This has been two fold both good and bad in light of the fact I have sold several of my higher priced items but there are so many beautiful products available that I spend most of the profit I make in the same shop!

There are several different red diffusers available in the Orchard range that is made by The Country Candle Company, I have the one called Baked Apple and I paid £12.99 for it.

A reed diffuser is a small pot of fragranced liquid with reeds sticking out of the top. There are nine reeds in this diffuser, they sit soaking up the liquid and you are required to turn them to allow the fragrance to evaporate from the reeds and into the air of your room.

The design of the Baked Apple reed diffuser is beautiful in my view. It is bright but features tones that are slightly muted, the bottle is labelled with the name of the scent and decorated with autumnal designs of apples and leaves. When I originally made my purchase I had intended to place the reed diffuser in our main bathroom but after seeing it in place I decided to move it into the kitchen in light of the fact both the appearance and scent are more suited to this room.

The fragrance of this reed diffuser is beautiful and of the delicate nature that I favour around my home. The brand name Country Candle is very well suited to the product, it offers a very natural fragrance that in my view puts me very much in mind of the countryside. I had not smelled the product before making my purchase so was pleasantly surprised when I brought it home to find that whilst it does smell strongly of apples there are other fragrances within the air too, the fact it is called Baked Apple is very telling as there are spices along with the apple fragrance so instead of smelling of crisp fresh apple it has the fragrance of apple pie! I think it's beautiful and often deliberately move closer to the reed diffuser to smell it better.

It is unfortunate that the reed diffuser only fragrances a small area of my large kitchen but I understand this form of home fragrance is not the strongest available. I have noted the fragrance to be strongest within six feet of the reed diffuser with a weakening fragrance in the air up to no more than twelve feet away. I think in spite of the fact the fragrance does not travel far through the air it does freshen the air generally around my kitchen, I would prefer a slightly stronger fragrance so will purchase another reed diffuser next time I am shopping in that area.

I turn the reeds on a basis that is not regular, some days I turn them in the morning and do not touch them again all day and other days I turn them three or four times. The strength of fragrance is greatly accentuated when the reeds are turned and the wet ends are exposed to the air and for this reason I always know if I have missed turning them if the fragrance reduces even whilst I am standing close to the reed diffuser.

My reed diffuser has been in use for approximately six weeks at present and there remains at least a quarter of the liquid in the bottle, I think I shall use it for a little longer than the eight weeks that The Country Candle Company suggest and in my view it is very good value for money.

• Pointress published 17/08/2017
    vh
  • jb0077 published 16/08/2017
    vh
  • jo-1976 published 15/08/2017
    Not a brand I've come across before