Review of "The Endless River - Pink Floyd"

published 10/11/2014 | crazyomon
Member since : 17/05/2014
I'm back... :)
Pro music, guitar, and very much Pink Floyd
Cons none in particular
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"PF rolls awesomeness yet another time..."

The Endless River - Pink Floyd

The Endless River - Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd is one such band which, I think, is loved by almost all the teenagers out there. Not only teenagers, elders are also sometimes awestruck by the quality of music Pink Floyd produces. This particular album has much of its content for youngsters. Right from the beginning, PF has been giving out awesome music and it scores here too.

"The Endless River" runs for about fifty-minutes, with twenty-eight tracks distributed over four sides, lengths ranging from one-minute to six-minutes. In almost every track, the composers leave a so-called 'Floydian mark'. Sometimes it is just some guitar riff, other times it is lyrics or a catch-phrase. What I mean is that you can tell the name of band after hearing any of the track, a property (or quality) I've found in Pink Floyd's all albums.

I've heard from many of my friends a thing about Pink FLoyd, which I guess only these guys can do, that all the members of Pink Floyd get stoned first and then give any stage performance or perform in concerts. I have got a feeling that they might even write songs and music while stoned. Nevertheless, they have been successful and fulfilling their promises they make with their every album, and only that matters.

Talking about this album, I will collectively give you a description of the tracks instead of individual track, because I have really got very little time because of my end semester exams, but I very much wanted to review this album. I will try to give every important detail and information throughout the review.

The main writer and vocalist is David Glimour, as he has written or co-written every track in the album, and has sung them too. In this album, other than guitars, they have included many instruments like various kinds of organs and pianos. They have also included many extra musicians on instruments.

Pink Floyd has always been famous for its guitar and keyboard actions. This time also, these two things are given importance, very much in some tracks, but that is Pink Floyd, and that is fans look up to whenever there is a new Pink Floyd album out. All the themes and messages are delivered with a big help of these two instruments. Well, actually, there are no themes or messages when we listen to Pink Floyd, there is just Pink Floyd.

Lyrics are not bad. Good music helps very much in raising the bar. Glimour's voice sometimes does its magic. "The Endless River" is very much a Pink Floyd album, enjoy it to its full, don't think too much, and I guarantee you will be coming out of it smiling.

• buzios published 13/11/2014
    As one of the 'elders' I would challenge that this is one for the teenagers - do you know how long Pink Floyd have been about? - since I was a teenager - and that is a very very long time ago. Also though they probably did get stoned in their early years (witness the sad fate of Syd Barrett) I very much doubt they do now as they are all respectable old gentlemen (or in the case of the great Richard Wright - dead).
  • Bollinger28 published 11/11/2014
    Sorry but there is far too little here about their current release - it's more a commentary on Pink Floyd themselves. Which are the stand out tracks on this latest release and which not so good? How does it compare to their previous albums? Is it similar to their previous offerings or going in a totally different direction? That's the sort of thing I'd want to read about before I purchased their latest stuff.
  • Scotlass712 published 11/11/2014
    I apologise for the lower rating than usual, but there seems to be so much more information you could have provided. I find it hard to imagine that PF has no messages or intent with this album... I also can't believe that only "some" elders as opposed to most teens listen to Floyd!!! We elders were the generation who grew up with Floyd (and therefore introduced our kids, lol).