The Forgotten (DVD)

Review of "The Forgotten (DVD)"

published 13/09/2017 | stacey2911
Member since : 23/10/2013
I'm Back after over a month of not having a laptop
Pro Great story and character

"The Forgotten"

The Forgotten
Released: 2004
Certificate:12
Running Time: 90 minutes.
Price: £3.49

My movie marathon continued last night with a science fiction psychological thriller, my favourite genre. The Forgotten has been a film I've wanted to watch for a while. I've heard great reviews on it. I like films which make me think, if they have a twist in the end its a huge bonus.

Telly believes that she lost her son in a plane crash 14 months prior to the film only
she wakes up one day and everyone is telling her that she never had a son. The story they tell her is she had a miscarriage, a baby who was premature and a still born.. she sees a therapist as she believes that she had a son for 9 years. Telly goes to visit one of her sons friends dad and he thinks she is bonkers as he believes he never had a daughter, it takes a few moments but he soon believes her and he remembers his daughter. Why is everyone covering up the plane crash and pretending that the people who died in it didn't exist? Did they die or are they missing?

The story line was really easy to follow, I was gripped and I did wonder throughout what was going to happen. was this lady just crazy or had the world forgotten about these children?

Casting
Tim Kang as Alec Wong
Susan Misner as Lisa Franks
J. Tucker Smith as Sheriff Howell
Ann Dowd as Eileen

The casting was good, I found that Julianne Moore and Dominic West made a great acting pair. There was any actors which stood out as being amazing or weak. The acting was well balanced throughout the film. Why do script writers always play the race card? It's so boring now when two actors of a different race are having an argument the only way to resolve it seems to be my throwing the race card into the situation so the white character backs down. Why? surely in this day and age arguments can be resolved in another way the script writers need to be more
original.

Dvd Extras

Bonus Footage
Commentary: Director and Writer
Making of Documentary

I really enjoyed this film, I thought it was brilliant. The story line was easy to follow and a film kept me gripped the whole way through I was watching the ending whilst my nails were being done at home and my nail technical is planning on watching it and she had her back towards the TV that tells me that even if you can't see what is going on this film is brilliant. I would recommend this film. I did wonder how they made everyone forget everything, that was really unclear.

• euphie published 27/09/2017
    vh :o)
  • 2mennycds published 14/09/2017
    good review
  • beautybuff published 14/09/2017
    vg

offers "The Forgotten (DVD)"

Product Information : The Forgotten (DVD)

Until the very last moments of Joseph Ruben's spooky suspense thriller, viewers will question who's who in the us-versus-them conundrum. We have but one hint: 'It's not about the children'. But as local police, the feds, and other unknowns follow Telly (Julianne Moore), a young mother who refuses to forget the death of her 9-year-old son Sam, it's clear that the children are a hot-button issue. While it's fishy enough that nobody--not even Telly's own husband (Anthony Edwards)--seems to remember Sam, and the plane crash she claims killed him was never reported in the newspapers, it's a question of whose story to believe. And Moore, the frantic mother with madness flickering in her eyes, may simply be delusional, or so her shrink (Gary Sinise) says. But when she finds another grieving parent, Ash (Dominic West), whose daughter died in the same accident, she now has a partner in conspiracy theory. Together, Ash and Telly flee through the damp alleyways beneath the Brooklyn Bridge where steam escapes from potholes and police searchlights penetrate the gothic fog. Somebody knows something about the children, and 'they' want Ash and Telly to forget. THE FORGOTTEN springs into an action-adventure race for the truth, with surprising special effects, exciting jolts, and bird's-eye camera shots on ominous geometric patterns in the urban landscape keeping this mystery in fifth gear.

Listed on Ciao since: 11/10/2004