The Fuller CV

The Fuller CV

Review of "The Fuller CV"

published 30/09/2009 | fank
Member since : 30/09/2009
Pro The free informationo n the website and YouTube channel.
Cons Really aggressive sales pitch makes you feel like its the end of the world.
Speed of website
Database & Search Facilities
Layout & Design
Navigation
Frequency of content update

"Do not waste your money. Just use the free advice on the website."

It was time for me to get a new job in IT (programming) and thinking that my CV needed a refresh I went to the Fuller CV website for some advice. There was plenty of information there and on their YouTube channel too.

I decided to redo my CV on my own first (based on the free advice) and then send it through for a free CV review. What a mistake!

My CV was completely ripped apart... told that I wasn't defining achievements when I clearly was, had to argue about my profile until the Fuller CV rep finally admitted it was a really good profile, told the format must have come from a 90's template when it was based off one of their own templates, that I would NEVER get a job with that CV etc. Then told they could redo it for £369 (including VAT).

I know there is a bit of a sales push to win business but by the end of that I felt so low and down that I really thought I never would get a new job with that CV.

But after some sleepless nights I decided that there was nothing wrong with my CV and I would NOT use Fuller CV's services. Within 2 months I had 3 competing job offers and I just accepted one of them... 20% pay increase and a great benefits package.

My advice is to use the free information off their website and their YouTube channel to do the CV yourself. Don't pay them any money and believe in yourself. You can do it!

Note: Other peoples experiences may very and I am sure that some people get a good service from FullerCV. I just posted this to make sure people know what they are getting into when there is such a lot of money involved.

• TheHairyGodmother published 01/10/2009