Review of "The GIMP"

published 10/10/2009 | WolfEatPrey
Member since : 10/10/2009
Pro Free, easy to use - able to create professional pictures
Cons Some cool features that we can do in PS but not in GIMP
Instructions / Help
Ease of Installation
Reliability
Range of extra features / functions

"The GIMP Software Review"

My best friend told me about this - and I am glad she did. I am very impressed about how it works - and especially the fact there is no money involved whatsoever. Apart from money that you can gain.

The GIMP, or GIMP is a free software that lets you edit photos, or create professional drawings and digital paintings. After finding out about GIMP, I no longer had to rely on MS Paint. It has many useful tools aswell as the simple Brush, Pencil and Eraser tools including 'Smudge' tool and more. I have been on the popular art website deviantART for 8 months now (Although I've just now moved account 3 weeks ago) and recently I have been using GIMP to upload to there - and even had a go at selling prints. So this free programme offers alot including Layers and more.

Rounding it up in a setence - It's like a free Photoshop.

(If you are interested in seeing my work then go to www.wolfeatprey.deviantart.com)

• WolfEatPrey published 08/11/2009
    Sorry for the late replies. tac20: Hi, thanks for the advice. TheHairyGodmother: thank you
  • TheHairyGodmother published 12/10/2009
    nice review
  • tac20 published 11/10/2009
    Hello - welcome to ciao! You might want to extend this a bit to include some of the downsides and maybe explore each of the tools in more detail.