Review of "The GIMP"

Cons New Layout
Instructions / Help
Ease of Installation
Reliability
Range of extra features / functions

"GIMP: Get that photo pimped."

I am not really an expert photo editor but with GIMP, I feel like I am. It truly is an excellent option for image manipulation.

You can edit practically any image formats here with all their features that are not present in Photoshop. Plus, there are templates and brushes that are readily downloadable from the internet. Even if its interface is quite different from Photoshop because it has a multi-windowed layout, I think one can easily adapt to it. And well, if it isn't that easy then there are a lot of tutorials available online.

In my experience, it can handle quite heavy loads as it generally doesn't crash at all. That is really comforting because I'm not the play-safe kind who saves their work every now and then. It's just good to know that I don't have to fear losing my edited image file. That gets me so bummed out.

It is stable and you don't have to be a really expert photo editor to use this software. You'd fare just as well even if you're a beginner. And best of all, GIMP is completely free.

• dynamicnurse published 06/05/2012
    An OK start, but in order to help the consumer then it needs to be improved with a little bit more detail.
  • TheGoodSurveyer published 06/05/2012
    I'm currently using the 2.6 version, and its the best rich-featured opensource image editor. I believe version 2.8 is the latest, which was released recently.
  • mozzie76 published 06/05/2012
    You need to add more details for a better rating for this review