The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest (DVD)

The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest (DVD)

Review of "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest (DVD)"

published 20/05/2011 | poeticparadox
Member since : 19/05/2011
Satisfactory
Pro The final chapter to a great saga
Cons Not true to the book
Did you enjoy it?
Story
Characters / Performances
Special Effects
Soundtrack

"The Girl who Kicked the Hornets' Nest - Read the book"

Sometimes you should not rush perfection.

I have seen all three of the movies, though this is the first one that I am offering a review on. I read the book of the same title just before I saw the film, bad move I think as it was very fresh in my mind so my expectations were, unfortunately high. As in the title I think that it was rushed to screen to take advantage of the hype around the Larson novels. I think there was also the push to get to screen as Hollywood was a bit slow to react, but react they are in the process of release the first movie.

Right now to the bottom line! I think that the book was brilliant a work that was in a glimpse in the world of Swedish business and politics, a very surreal experience. Now for the movie I am afraid I cannot say the same.

It was missing the subtly that is the Millennium story for me, the underlying character sub-plots lost to what I would assume the cutting room floor. A movie filled with the action sequences in the book, but in my opinion forgot what Millennium is all about, and the relationships between the characters were just not fit for film.

Not a glowing report I am afraid.

• TheHairyGodmother published 21/05/2011
    as below
  • misspurple7 published 20/05/2011
    If it wasn't for ciao's category I'd have no idea whether you were reviewing the film or the book. Hardly any detail about the film really.
  • Thehonesttruth published 20/05/2011
    No info here about the film really

Product Information : The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest (DVD)

Author Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy winds to a close with THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST, director Daniel Alfredson's adaptation of the best-selling novel following punky protagonist Lisbeth Salander (Noomi Rapace) as she fights to prove that she's innocent of committing multiple murders. As Lisbeth lies in intensive care, the corrupt officials in high office attempt to take advantage of her incapacitated state by accusing her of murder. But fiercely independent Lisbeth isn't about to play the scapegoat, and the more her accusers work to ruin her life, the harder she and her loyal friend Mikael Blomkvist (Michael Nyqvist) must push back to prove them wrong.

Listed on Ciao since: 24/11/2010