Hotel - Seabank Road, Nairn, lnvemess-Shire, IV12 4RX, United Kingdom

Review of "The Golf View Hotel And Spa, Nairn"

published 28/03/2016 | jules.34
Member since : 05/03/2006
Always feel that I am at work!! Out of work, though, I spend lots of time with my teenage son, reading and crafting!
Pro An idyllic location, brilliant service, lovely staff
Cons None I can think of
Cleanliness
Service
Facilities

"The Golf View Hotel and Spa, Nairn"

Location of Hotel

This hotel, located in Seabank Road in Nairn, is situated right in front of the beach. It is an idyllic setting. Because the hotel is not situated on the main road through Nairn (where I have stayed a couple of times), it is not noisy - it's a nice quiet setting.
How to Book

The Golf View Hotel and Spa is listed on hotel booking websites, such as booking.com. There are deals too if you book early enough - I went onto the site last July to book the hotel for me and my son for Easter weekend; we go to Nairn every Easter weekend but had never been to this hotel before. We normally pay about £170/£180 for the weekend for bed and breakfast for the two of us and when we tried to book the Golf View last year a couple of months before Easter it was £330. When we went on in July to book for this Easter it was £170 bed and breakfast so it was a good deal. You could try phoning the hotel direct too if you don't want to book online.
How to Get There

If you are coming by car you would go onto the Aberdeen Road, the A96, and carry on up to Nairn. Trains and buses are easily accessed too.
=What the Hotel Offers

When you check into the hotel, you are told where everything is and when you get to your room there is a guide with what the hotel offers in it. The hotel has a ground floor, where the restaurants, reception, bar, leisure complex and conservatory are set. There are a further 3 floors with bedrooms and these can be accessed by either the stairs or the lift. Me and my son had a twin room and it was a really good size. As well as two comfy beds, there was a good size tv, a chair, a mirror and a bathroom with shower and a bath in it.

You have breakfast each morning in the restaurant at the front but if you want to book a meal for night you can either book it for the conservatory or the restaurant. We booked the conservatory as it overlooked the beach and it was amazing to sit having tea watching people walking on the beach. An amazing setting to eat. After your meal you can either sit in the bar or the lounge - both situated through from the conservatory.

The leisure club is also on the same floor and offers a pool, jacuzzi and spa along with an outdoor hot tub. There are lockers provided as well as towels. It is a good sized pool and all free to use if you are booked into the hotel (apart from the spa - if you want to book a treatment, that will be extra). I think, though, if you want to use the pool and/or the spa if you are not booked into the hotel, you can pay to use packages. You can also join the leisure club as a member.
The Staff

The staff all wear really smart uniforms and are all really friendly. We felt very welcomed guests while staying here and we will definitely return.
Extras

The hotel also provides afternoon teas - my sister, brother-in-law and niece came through to the hotel and had afternoon tea with us one afternoon and it was delicious. Sandwiches, scones, brownies, etc, and I must say the brownies were the nicest I had tasted. If you want breakfast in bed as well, this can be arranged for an extra supplement.
My Verdict

The hotel was spotless and a really bright hotel. We both loved the weekend but I think that my favourite part was the location - sitting overlooking the beach while having tea was an absolutely amazing experience. I would definitely recommend it. and even if you had to pay extra for the hotel and didn't get the deal I did, I still think it is worth it.

• jb0077 published 19/02/2017
    great
  • RICHADA published 20/04/2016
    Rather fancy the sound of this one, it's a long time since we stayed in a proper seaside hotel! R.
  • anonymili published 01/04/2016