dingoo 3

dingoo

About me: have a good year thanks fo visiting my page and reviews

Member since:18.06.2003

Home of research

18.02.2008

Advantages:
payments in pounds by cheque

Disadvantages:
porr customer service, late payments, dodgy surveys

Recommendable No:

27 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. catsholiday
  2. rojm
  3. Deru
  1. missy0303
  2. silverstreak
  3. BristolBud

I have been a member of home of research for a number of years now and its finally amazing to see how high standards slip.

Who they are? What they do.

Home of research are an online survey takers, if you join you are emailed a link to surveys a few times per month.
These surveys on various subjects earn you points, once your each the threshold of 2000 you can redeem them for payment by cheque of £20.

Seems quite simple?

The surveys.

Surveys can be on anything any subject from DVDs you by to tooth paste, to when you drink alcohol.

Basically they want to know everything there is to know on the subjects, although you are not 100% guaranteed to complete a survey, as there are a number of filter questions and the default "sorry you don't fit the criteria for this questionnaire" quite often.
Also bare in mind they are quite strict on the surveys not being completed to fast, by this I mean they suggest at the beginning of a survey a time limit.
This can be 2 mines to 35 mines if you complete the survey under this time (and they do let you complete it, probably taking you answers to) they give you a screen message saying "you completed this survey to quickly, we disregard any surveys completed under our time limit, please make sure you read all the questions in future).
What if you're a quick reader?
Oh and you fail to receive your points.

You are indeed allowed to have more then one member per household but if it's worth it's a good question.

Problems.

To be fare my wife and I haven't had any issues until now and we have been members for a number of years.
I have redeemed a couple of times successfully and so has my wife, although the last time she has been waiting for a £20 cheque since august 07 it is now nearly march.
Not a good state really is it.

She has emailed them nearly 20 times, (sad I know but we use our valuable time we want the promised payment) each time she is told the cheque is on its way, little white lies.

Definitely could improve customer service which is all done on line and via email and at which point you have to supply, dates amounts of points and pounds, who what when and where and addresses, all a mess.

In conclusion I will leave it up to you to decide if this site is worthwhile as there are pros and cons.

I would say a 60/40 split in favour of the site, which is not to good, I wont recommend the site but hope the above info helps.

missy0303 17.04.2008 21:21

I've never really had any problems receiving my payments from them, albeit they are slower than other survey sites, but I do get a lot more invitations from them than I do from others plus I've also taken part in a few focus group discussions which have been well paid too....so they're not all bad :-)

sallyspud 23.02.2008 21:21

I hope you manage to get your pennies, I had a very long wait & you are right to bambard them. In the end I sent them an email every few seconds over & over & over. I got a reply & within a short time I got my cheque. Its your money, make yourself a pain, I did & it worked. Good luck!

arnoldhenryrufus 19.02.2008 18:13

thats a long wait for your money - lyn x