The Host - Stephenie Meyer

The Host - Stephenie Meyer

Fiction - Modern Fiction - ISBN: 0075154064

Review of "The Host - Stephenie Meyer"

published 19/07/2010 | clareh83
Member since : 18/07/2010
Pro A different story on alien invasion
Cons Takes some time to understand what is happening
Would you read it again?
Story
Characters
Readability
How does it compare to similar books?

"Takes some getting into but then a good read"

I brought Stephanie Meyers The Host for £7.99 after really enjoying the Twighlight series I think the first mistake was trying to read it straight after Breaking Dawn the last in the series Twighlight as I was still in the mind set of the vampires from forks. However after once I was about a quarter of the way through the book. (It is a large book 624 pages) I finally began to get my head around what was happening.

The story is about a girl called Melanie who is implanted with an alien called Wanderer who tries to take over Melanies brain. The world has been taken over by aliens who are implanted into humans brain but Melanie tries to fight Wanderer to keep her body. The story sees Wanderer and Melanie go to find Melanies brother and friend. It is confusing to follow to begin with as its wrote from Melanie and Wanderers view and the people who find Melanie/ Wanderer also talk about them as different people even though they are in one body. Once you get your head round the confusion it is a good story in all with good characters. I may have enjoyed it more if I had taken a break between twighlight and this so I would recommend to any other Stephanie Meyers fans not to read straight after Twighlight.