The Inbetweeners Movie (DVD)

The Inbetweeners Movie (DVD)

Review of "The Inbetweeners Movie (DVD)"

published 17/02/2012 | Reviewer88
Member since : 13/02/2012
Pro Hilarious, would cheer anyone up
Cons Contains adult material, might be an advantage to some lol
Did you enjoy it?
Story
Characters / Performances
Special Effects
Soundtrack

"Take a trip to be utterly amused"

The Inbetweeners

The Inbetweeners

I've never been a big fan of the inbetweeners show, so when I heard that they were releasing a movie I didn't pay much attention, in one ear out the other. When it came to the cinema my friend begged and begged me to go with her for a few days and I blatantly refused. I told her I wouldn't understand the story as I have seen the show once ever. End of story. Until they released the dvd!! At this point all my friends had seen it in the cinema and were raving about how good it was. It still didn't interest me. One evening my hubbie arrived home with a selection of dvds for our 'dvd weekend' when the kids were in bed. I actually cringed when I saw this one in his hand.....but me being me...I caved......

**Storyline**

Having never seen the actual show, I had no clue who these four lads were. I had literally no expectations! But after five minutes, I had Will, Jay, Simon and Neil figured out! The film is about the end of school, and as we all know, the end of an era. As everybody else at the age of eighteen does, the booked a lads holiday to the sun. We follow their exploits to Malia as they embark on 2 weeks of drinking, chatting up girls, and getting into sticky situations. Obviously you don't need to see the dvd to know that things didn't quite go as planned for them. Simon is in depression mode and trying to get over his ex Carly, Jay is being extremely cocky and big headed (which apparently is no change to the regular Jay), Will feels out of his depth and Neil is out to have fun but not too much as he has a girlfriend back home. Do things go as planned however? Does Simon find a girl to get over Carly, does Will embrace the spirit of a lads holiday and does Neil stay faithful? Well you'll have to watch for yourself as I can't give too much away can I?

**The DVD**

The dvd itself contains not only the film but 2 extra hours of unseen footage which is as hilarious as the movie itself. It shows the making of the film, all the bloopers and how they got on at the London Premiere. All this for €12.99 (£8). I consider it a bargain to be honest!! Subtitles are available on the dvd also.

**My Opinion**

Having only ever seen one episode of the Inbetweeners, I thought I would be out of my depth. How wrong was I?? I didnt feel like I was missing out not knowing the past of the four lads. The film was absolutely brilliant. The four main actors in the film do a brilliant job of portraying the events of a typical lads only holiday which includes binge drinking, chatting up girls, lots of fun and humour and even the clichéd matching t shirts that shows they are on 'pussay patrol'!! The film does revolve around the four lads obviously but they are each so funny and unique that they make the character their own and make them so believable.

Without giving too much of the hysteria away, my favourite part of the film was a scene in the apartment the lads are sharing, which is far from your typical sun holiday digs, where one of the lads has pulled an unusual girl and has her at the apartment. Comedy Gold!!

Out of the four characters I particularly liked Will! At times you would feel quite sorry for him as he is so utterly different but at the same time portrays a lot of qualities of your own friends and typical lads. It is so funny to see the situations he gets in, without meaning to, because he is so naive.

In relation to sound effects and special features it was quite poor. Great dance tracks played throughout in keeping with the theme but no major effects. It doesnt give a negative view on the film though as it is not the type of film that would need special effects.

**Overall**

As a whole I would rate this a 9/10. A must have if your in need of a laugh and guaranteed to cheer anyone up. There is very little to complain about as it is so genuiely funny.

• seanyholland published 01/03/2012
    great movie, great series, totally off the wall characters, nice review for an inbetweeners virgin........
  • freeness published 18/02/2012
    Got to love Simon. Lol.
  • catsholiday published 17/02/2012
    Sounds worth a watch

offers "The Inbetweeners Movie (DVD)"

Product Information : The Inbetweeners Movie (DVD)

Will, Simon, Jay and Neil attempt to 'ave it large' in Malia in the movie follow-up to the phenomenally successful E4 comedy THE INBETWEENERS. With school over and the imminent future set to see the lads go their separate ways, the gang head to Spain for a lad's holiday of booze, beaches, and babes.

Classification: 15 years and over

DVD Region: DVD

Production Year: 2011

Main Language: English

Video Category: Feature Film

Colour: Colour

Country Of Origin: United Kingdom

Genre: Comedy

Consumer Advice: Contains strong language, twice very strong, and strong sex references

Official Website: http://www.film4.com/minisite/the-inbetweeners-movie

Professional Reviews

Review: It has two different gag ratios - the laughter one, and the urge-to-spew one. Both are high. (Daily Telegraph, 2011-11-21)<br><br>[...] this is gag-for-gag the funniest film of the summer and a fitting end to a much-loved series. So long boys, it's been great to know you. (Empire, 2011-11-21)<br><br>He's got a briefcase, a superhot mom, and three new buddies in social purgatory. Definite cult-show potential. (Entertainment Weekly, 2011-11-01)<br><br>Enjoyable, frequently hilarious teen comedy that sticks closely to the winning formula of the TV show and delivers crude sight gags, witty lines and strong, likeable characters, thanks to enjoyable comic performances from the four leads. (ViewLondon, 2011-11-21)<br><br>

Release Details

DVD Region: DVD

Studio(s): 4DVD; SPIRIT ENTERTAINMENT; TECHNICOLOR DISTRIBUTION SERVICES, ENTERTAINMENT, 4DVD; TECHNICOLOR DISTRIBUTION SERVICES; SPIRIT ENTERTAINMENT

Screenwriter: Damon Beesley, Iain Morris

Languages

Main Language: English

Subtitle Language: English

Technical Information

Sound: Dolby Digital Stereo, 2.0 Surround

Special Features: Making The INBETWEENERS MOVIE: Featurette, 'Joe Thomas - Dangerman', 'Things We Did Instead Of Rehearsing', Premiere Featurettes, Video Diaries, Deleted Scenes, Bloopers Reel, Sims Parody

Listed on Ciao since: 19/08/2011