The Murmur of Stones - Thomas H. Cook

The Murmur of Stones - Thomas H. Cook

Fiction - Thriller - ISBN: 1847240712, 1905204582

Review of "The Murmur of Stones - Thomas H. Cook"

published 10/10/2011 | ruth1957
Member since : 06/10/2006
I just love writing and getting any feed back so I can improve. Its been good for me to write as I am recovering from a stroke and had times it has been difficult to write now much easier. Thankyou for all the rates and comments
Pro A Good Read
Cons none
Would you read it again?
Story
Characters
Readability
How does it compare to similar books?

"Murmur of Stones"

This is a very different crime story to the ones I normally read. The start of the book I found a little hard to get into but after a couple of chapters I became hooked. The author Thomas H Cook has amazing way to draw you in to the story.

It is chilling in part and gripping at the same time.

It is about a child that had been killed or was it misadventure.If it was murder who actually could have done this..

Gradually I read on and started to get to know the characters in the book which is mainly one family.

David is one of the characters and throughout the book he is reaccounting what had happened to his nephew who was found in the water.

Then the investigation began .The story enfolds being introduced to the characters in depth. David's sister Diana who's son was drowned or killed. She was so convinced in who had murdered him.

Read about their time when they were growing up about the mental Illness which their own father was battling with how that affected them as adults now. Was Diana going the same way as their own father did.

Her attachment to her neice Patty was that healthy,David was not sure.

I certainly will read another book by Thomas H Cook as I did enjoy reading this book

• tumblewheel published 16/10/2011
    I like the sound of the story to this.