The New Atlantic 252

The New Atlantic 252

Review of "The New Atlantic 252"

published 31/08/2000 | Sion
Member since : 31/08/2000
Pro 12 in a row - brilliant!
Cons Poor sound quality
Quality of reception
Quality of programming
How good are the presenters?
Quality of information
Range of programming

"252"

I always used to listen to Atlantic 252, but I stopped listening a few years back, because I thought it had turned crap. Recently, I decided to tune in again to see if anything had changed, it had - "The New Atlantic 252". They now claim to play "Non-stop Rythm and dance", and play 12 tunes, in a row,all the time apart from breakfast. This is brilliant!! A few years back, 12 in a row only happened about once a day. People don't seem to realise how good 12 in a row is. We are talking 12 songs, back to back, chat free and commercial free. They play a lot more dance music than they used to, which suits me down to the ground. Of course, there are down sides. Dance music needs to be played loud to sound any good, however turning your stereo full blast on Long Wave isn't a good idea, you'll end up with a headache! There is a constant squeel in the background and if you haven't got a digital tuner on your stereo, it can be hard getting tuned in so it sounds as clear as possible.But when it comes down to it I LOVE this station, I really do. Many people mention they don't have any famous DJ's. There is no need for famous DJ's on this station, because it's a MUSIC station, with no comedy or chat like Radio 1, which I think makes it stand out from the rest. OK, perhaps it hasn't got the best sound quality in the world, and there are 1 or 2 commercials, but they play more songs than any other station, and that's how I like it! All Radio 1 listeners: Tune in to Atlantic 252!

Product Information : The New Atlantic 252