The Orange Shop

The Orange Shop

Review of "The Orange Shop"

published 11/04/2012 | dynamicnurse
Member since : 30/07/2007
Pro Simple shop layout.
Cons They try to get you to part with your money.
Prices
Range of products
Quality of service
Staff Knowledge

"Orange? I nearly went red! "

Having bought a mobile telephone from my local Orange shop (the subject of which is actually in fact another review that some of you may already have looked at but this is me going off on another tangent yet again), I thought that I would just like to write a review ont eh actual experience that I had been in receipt of when actually buying my telephone.

Having looked about in pretty much all of the major mobile telephone shops that provide all of the necessary things that one would expect, I decided to go in to one of my local Orange shops. There were a number of different reasons for going to Orange, mainly because I had been with them for quite some time with about my last two phones or me and also because the phone that I wanted was only available with them - and at a very good price, hence my reasons to remain with them for the foreseeable future at least though in any case.

After having looked around for a few days and knowing the phone that I wanted, I then went back in to the Orange shop and stated what I wanted and was then able to pay for it right away. The mobile telephone I got did most things that I would want, such as text; call; take pictures or films; is able to go on the Internet (although this is something that I have still yet to work out but this is my own ignorance as opposed to that of the shop staff), and so on.

Having explained my situation and then the phone that I wished to buy, the staff were very supportive of my choice - so much so, that they even set it up for me, and ensured that evrything was working properly before I left the shop. However things on my behalf went somewhat pear shaped, which meant that I had to rerturn the handset and get a new one because the screen went blank and I couldn't make any calls or text messages (well let me just say that I could I guess but I would not have known what it was that I was going to sending and doing!).

I forgot to take the box back with me but I remembered the original receipts which they were able to work from, and within about ten minutes or so I had a new phone - albeit, the same make as the one that I had just had to exchange but with my fairly new sim card in it (although I still had to re-enter all of the numbers that I had originally saved as I had saved them to the phone as opposed to the sim card).

Nothing that they did could have been of any trouble, and all of the staff that I had the pleasure to actually in fact deal with were very informative and knew exactly what it was that they were talking about - as well as me, who decided to try and explain things in more simple lay person's terms which they still appeared to know what it was that I was actually in fact talking about!

All in all I have had a very pleasant experience in buying my latest mobile telephone from Orange, and although I have not yet been able to persuade my own fammily to change over I do so hope that I have given you all some food for thought about them.

Thanks for reading!

• Nar2 published 13/04/2012
    Nice experience. I've found their large store in Glasgow to be of great service - in so far as the accessories for my phone - and the company my mobile is on is Vodafone - their shop is shockingly poorly run and hardly any accessories. it's the quality of the customer approach that I like from rivals at times, more than one reason to consider long term.
  • j9j8j7 published 12/04/2012
    Unfortunately, my experience with Orange has not been so good.
  • catsholiday published 11/04/2012
    Glad they gave you good service

Product Information : The Orange Shop