Review of "The Sanctuary Spa Essentials Hand Cream"

published 12/09/2011 | beth.hiilton
Member since : 13/04/2011
Pro Leaves skin moisturised and soft, great smelling
Cons None from my personal experience.
Does it smell good?
How easily is it absorbed?

"HANDy product"

'The sanctuary' products are perfect gifts for females of any age who enjoy looking after themselves. Their product range is very diverse and they are amongst the best selling products at Christmas times as they do gift sets which are affordable and still very high quality. I was lucky enough to receive one of these sets for Christmas last year. My set was a big hamper full of products from shower cream to exfoliator. Amongst my haul of Sancturary products was this hand cream.

The hand cream, I believe, is travel size at 30ml. It came in an off white coloured tube with an orange lid. Orange and cream are the tell tale signs of a sanctuary product. It has the sanctuary logo on it and the name of the product. It also says that it contains shea butter which helps to moisturise your hands and make them soft. Given that I work in a restaurant covering waiting on tables and bar work hand cream is an essential item for me as I am constantly dealing with food and money which leaves my hands in quite a poor state!

The hand cream itself is white in colour and feels quite thick to touch. The smell is so fresh but hard to describe, I'd say it was quite floral too but not too much like perfume! The smell would appeal to all age groups as I know my Grandma thoroughly enjoys Sanctuary products, too. You only need 2 pea sized amounts of the cream on both hands to be able to cover the whole surface are of the palm of your hand and the backs of your hands.

The cream absorbs into the skin so well and isn't sticky or oily but instantly makes my hands feel smooth and replenished. It is best to apply the hand cream on clean skin and you can use it whenever you want it. I usually apply it after a bath or shower when my skin is clean and quite soft already. The smell lingers on the skin after it has been absorbed which is a great touch but I can't stop smelling my hands afterwards! The softness is touchable which I like as I like seeing how products are working and helping my skin. If you've read my other reviews you will know that I suffer from sensitive skin but this cream has no negative side effects on my skin whatsoever!

• Alyson29 published 01/10/2011
    I absolutely love the smell of this x
  • pink_champagne published 12/09/2011
    I love the scent of the Sanctuary products, I'll have to give this a go xx
  • beautybabiex published 12/09/2011