The School of the Art Institute of Chicago

The School of the Art Institute of Chicago

Review of "The School of the Art Institute of Chicago"

published 09/02/2001 | MariaGL
Member since : 07/02/2001
Pro Excellent faculty, facilities, hoppin' city
Cons price- (no others)

"Art School in the US of A"

As an artist, having gone through various art 'programs', I found The School of the Art Institute of Chicago amongst the best of the best. Upon high school graduation, I went off to the Maryland Institute, College of Art, in Baltimore, MD/ USA. That was an intense program, a very solid foundation, (I was there for 2 yrs.) for drawing and painting, along with sculpture and literature too. However, I was never one to believe that art schools don't need to cater to young artists that may have a more acedemic inclination as well. With that in mind, I was in search of a school with an academic program that was a bit more challenging. I went to a University for a brief stint, but, that was not a good thing because all of a sudden I was going from, small, private art school where I was a painting major, to a HUGE university with an art bldg., and hence became an 'art major'. I was on to find the next....I found The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Strongest of both worlds. I was there for another two years, and had to withdraw for personal reasons, (nothing having to do with the school)- but, plan to attend in the fall to finish the BFA program.
I have nothing but great things to say about this school, and the city in which it lives.
I'm not going to go in depth, but you can obtain a catalogue by going to saic.edu
The faculty are amongst the best, the inspiration amongst the city is intense, the facilities are the best, everything is THUMBS up - especially since this may be read by British friends who may be considering the jump to the states for school, I wanted to put in an American art school as an option, and this is it.

Product Information : The School of the Art Institute of Chicago