The Secret - Rhonda Byrne

The Secret - Rhonda Byrne

Review of "The Secret - Rhonda Byrne"

published 23/01/2010 | princesswinwin
Member since : 17/12/2009
Pro Helps you feel Gratitude, you can be, do, have anything,
Cons Takes time to manifest, doesnt explain natural disasters
Degree of Information
How easy was it to read / get information from
How interesting was the book?
How useful was it?
Would you read it again?

"Your wish...is my command"

The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, to be found in self help, modren pop-pschycology sections. It was my partner that first introduced me to this book. I am quite open minded and agreed alot with what was said.

The Secret is actually as old as the universe it self. It is a law, just like gravity. The thoeries are almost Quantum in their believes. (Professor Wolfe from down the Rabbit hole appears in the DVD of The Secret and people who are interested in The Secret may also like Down the Rabbit Hole)

Prior to The Secret at the early turn of the last century was a book called The Science of Sucuess by Wallce Wattles. I think this is the book that Rhonda Byrne was given by her daughter that inspired to alert us to this knowledge in the form of The Secret and even this old book she was given says it was old information.

In a nutshell the book states that what we think about we bring about. Everything in the universe is made of atoms and matter all at which are vibrating at certain frequencies. We can change the frequency of our thoughts to attract what we want. Bearing this in mind we need to be careful, if you are thinking "get out of debt" you will still attract debt as your thoughts are mainly those of debt therefore you are "vibrating at a frequency" which will attract more debt.

So if you want to be debt free, think more thoughts of abundance, if you are anti war you are attracting more war to the world, so be pro peace, etc. Even though we are thinking "I dont want that" our mind doesnt process the negative so as long as you are fighting, stuggling or thinking "I dont want that..." you are actually attracting it to you as that is the frequency we are on. We are transmitting beacons.

The teachings of The Secret are that we attract everything to us. Every thing we are and have we have experienced. I am not sure if I believe this on all levels. When my neice was 11 she was diagnosed with cancer, surely an 11 year old couldnt attract that. That said my neice has always been a happy, kind and loving soul who is full of graditute (a trait which The Secret says is essiential to ahceving what you want) she did make a full recovery.

My partner and I have also used it with wonderful results, whilst caring for his elderly Grandmother. Although she was not cured we were having family problems and they were resolved by us using and putting into practice what we had learned from The Secret.

The book states that thoughts alone are not enough to make your dreams manifest, you must put your self in alingment with the universe. To receive what you want you must be in alignment. This is acheived by feeling gradtitude for what you have now and beliving and acting as if you have already received.

Sometimes it is dishearting when you watch the news and see terrible things you think how can it be true, but I guess there are still things which happen that cannot be explained and like this force is at work there are forces at work in this world also.

The book is very easy to read. With some self help books they are preachy or really complicated but this is straight to the point and is written like they are talking to you directly. Like the book is written just for you and you are talking with an old friend.

You can read the book quite quickly, it is quite thin but i took my time as I wanted to make sure I was understanding and really letting the information absorb into my brain. I would at one point say I found The Secret by accident but now I am not so sure. Looking back when I found it I was going through a terrible time and I actually prayed at one point for a way out of the horrible situations I was in and for happiness and inner peace, three or four days later my partner presented me with The Secret.

It also mentions how people use it without knowing, thinking of someone then they see them or they ring for example.

I use The Secret, some days I feel more positive than others but i do believe that it works. I also log onto to The Secret website each day and watch their quick three minute movies which help keep me positive. I try to re-read the book about once a month.

• princesswinwin published 25/01/2010
    he he he ben-lloyd.....you sound like my friend :OD
  • ben-lloyd published 25/01/2010
    When you said pop-psychology did you mean new age nonsense? Good review ;-)
  • flyingllamas published 24/01/2010
    Well reviewed.

Product Information : The Secret - Rhonda Byrne

Once known only by an elite who were unwilling to share their knowledge of the power, 'the secret' of obtaining anything you desire is now revealed by prominent physicists, authors and philosophers as being based in the universal Law of Attraction. And the good news is that anyone can access its power to bring themselves health, wealth and happiness. Fragments of The Secret have been found in oral traditions, literature, religions and philosophies throughout the centuries. A number of the exceptional people who discovered its power went on to become regarded as the greatest human beings who ever lived. Among them: Plato, Leonardo, Galileo and Einstein. Now 'the secret' is being shared with the world. Beautiful in its simplicity, and mind-dazzling in its ability to really work, The Secret reveals the mystery of the hidden potential within us all. By unifying leading-edge scientific thought with ancient wisdom and spirituality, the riveting, practical knowledge will lead readers to a greater understanding of how they can be the masters of their own lives.

Type: Non-fiction