The Yes and No Game

The Yes and No Game

Board Game - Children's Board Game

Review of "The Yes and No Game"

published 27/12/2011 | rabbit88
Member since : 28/07/2009
Hello everyone. I am 24 and I work as a nursery nurse. I enjoy reading, swimming, watching tv and keeping fit. I hope to get better at writing through ciao
Pro easy instructions
Cons you may get bored after playing too many times
Playability & Enjoyment
Design & Presentation

"remember dont say yes or no"

Yes and no game

I received this game a few years back from my mum and dad and what better time to play a board game than at Christmas. So I played this game with my sister on Christmas morning. My dad used the bell one time when he was ill and wanted us to bring him things like we were his servents.

The Game

It comes in a blue rectangular box with a picture of a bell and cards on.
The game consists of a bell and cards. It is for 2 to 6 players aged 8 upwards. The aim of the game is to ask the questions which are on the cards to the other player or players such as what is your name? Or Name your favourite actor? The other player answers the question and then it says on the card is that correct? Or did you say Bruce Willis.? The idea is that you can try and catch that person out hoping they answer yes and no. When they do you ring the bell and add that card to your pile but if they manage to get all the way through the card without saying yes or no you give them the card to add to their pile. If you do not ring the bell and the player says yes or no then the player can continue and will get away with it.
Winning the game

You continue asking the questions on all the cards until all the cards have gone and the winner is the person with the most cards at the end of the round.
My opinions

This is a great game for children between 8 and 11 years old but however I think children and adults over this age is a bit simple. Another thing about this game is that once you have played this game 2 or 3 times you get to know the questions so it could become a bit boring if you are only playing with two people. Other than that this is a great game to play with very simple instructions and a game that will be enjoyed by all.It is a very quick game especially if the people you are playing with say yes or no straight away which is good as some children don’t have a huge concentration span and the bell just adds a bit of fun to the game. You can buy this game from Amazon which will cost you £6.89. I definitely do recommend buying this game if you have just been given some money for Christmas.

• JasonJRogers published 20/03/2012
    Great read!
  • GillyMN published 10/01/2012
    Nice review, it might be helpful to say how many cards there are.
  • pennywa published 27/12/2011
    Sorry, but you have only given about three lines of opinion, if you edit I'll happily re rate but as it stands I feel it needs a lot more op, Penny