Review of "Thebookpeople.co.uk"

published 22/10/2001 | yukkibear
Member since : 08/09/2001
Pro bargain books
Cons none

"Loyalty points for books"

It's NOT a CLUB and it gives you loyalty points for buying books. Can you beat that?

Who they are?
The bookpeople.co.uk are a book company who offer books at discounted prices without the the customer feeling the pinch of belonging to yet another club.
Books can be bought without any obligation to buy any more, although they feel sure you will return because of their prices.

What they offer.
Books at discounted prices. A book that will be £9.99 in the shops will cost approx £2.99 from thebookpeople.co.uk

How can you order?
By phone, fax, online or by post. Payment is made in advance by card or cheque.
Delivery is within five working days and delivered by Royal Mail, or for a small surcharge you can have next day delivery if you order before 5pm.

Delivery charges:
£2.95 for orders under £25. Over that amount, delivery is free.

Can you buy bestellers?
No. But the books they do offer you are so cheap you don't care about best sellers.

The site is divided up into sections -
- children
- fiction
- hobbies
- non fiction
- reference

Each book listed can be examined in greater detail with customer reviews if available. Your shopping basket can be updated at any time so if you change your mind it isn't a problem.

My best buy:
Four "Letterland" books for £3.99. They are individually priced £3.99 in the shops. (Letterland is a recognised way of teaching children to read using characters from these books).

What I think:
They are an excellent company and to date I cannot fault them. My deliveries have always been on time, in good condition and complete. Maybe I have been very lucky. I can't tell you what their returns are like as I have never had to test it out.
It's a great way of buying cheap books, especially towards Christmas. I seem to be buying my daughter loads of books from here because of the prices. (also books are invaluable to a child's future).
Although for me I did manage to bag myself ten novels for ten pounds. You can't say fairer than that can you.

Website:
The website is fast and clearly laid out. There is no hope of getting lost as all the contents are down one side of the screen at all times.

One note I will say is once you order you do seem to get a brochure through your letterbox once every month or so. There is no obligation to buy from this, but I always seem to anyway. There is always a bargain book I think I can't do without.

• Puma1000 published 03/04/2004
    Used these folks a few times, there good for cheap reference books, which I enjoy.
  • thingywhatsit published 24/03/2004
    I get loyalty points from Smiths but I am not in the u.k. enough to take real advantage
  • timmyotoole published 02/12/2001
    Now this sounds like my type of site! Good op, cheers, Timmy.