Theme Park (Nintendo DS)

Theme Park (Nintendo DS)

Review of "Theme Park (Nintendo DS)"

published 02/11/2011 | graceyyxx
Member since : 14/02/2010
Hello, I'm Grace a student from sunny Stoke. If I miss you out when returning reads/ rates please just let me know. I'm also on dooyoo under the same name, happy reviewing :)
Pro Easy to play, lots of options, hours of play.
Cons Poor graphics.
Gameplay/Playability
Graphics
Sound
Difficulty & Complexity

"Theme Park: Nintendo DS"

Price and Availability

When I was younger I always used to enjoy games like Rollercoaster and Zoo Tycoon, I loved building a little virtual world where I could make everything how I wanted it and earn money as people visited my attractions. I was in CeX a couple of months ago looking for PS3 games when I spotted Theme Park for Nintendo DS for just £4. Now, being from CeX, the game was second hand, but it was in good condition as the games usually are in there. Online the same game will set you back just under £25 new, which I couldn’t really justify paying as I hadn’t really heard of the game before and knew that it would probably only be something I used for a few weeks.

Playing the Game

The basic idea of the game is of course, to build a theme park. This includes everything though, from paths to rides to food kiosks. The theme park also needs to be staffed, and the theme park needs to be kept in good condition, rides need to be looked after and new ride ideas need to be developed. The game consists of numerous locations around the world, each with its own set of targets which need to be met. The game starts easily with a theme park in Great Britain; it’s quite an easy level but gets you used to the game which is good. When the first theme park is completed there are a few different locations you can move onto as I said before each with different targets and economies.

One of the things I really enjoy about this game is just how many options there are whilst playing. Of course there’s the general premise that you gradually build up your rides and food stalls, working your way up and watching your money grow. Whilst playing though there are so many different things you can change. For example of the Hook a Duck stall you can change how much the prize costs you, how much the game is to play and the percentage chance of players winning. All the different varieties lead to different outcomes which change your visitor’s happiness. There are so many different elements to game which make for many hours of enjoyment.

A great feature which really makes the most of the Nintendo DS is the way the screens are used; the top screen is an overall map of the park which the bottom is a closer up view which can be navigated easily with the buttons. The stylus does most of the work when it comes to selecting and changing things on the bottom screen. I have to say that the actual graphics of the game aren’t the best, they seem a little old fashioned to me, I know that Theme Park was previously a PC game but I would have thought they would have updated it a bit for the DS version.

Overall

Initially I thought that Theme Park would be a game more suitable for children however I think it can be enjoyed by anyone. The game is intended for anyone above the age of 3, and the game could be played by a child of this age, however I think to get full idea of the game I think you’d have to be a bit older. Having said that though there’s so many different elements to the game that I think many adults would be shocked by how much they’d enjoy this game if they give it a go. An expensive buy if new, but it can be picked up second hand for a great price.

• ithoughtyoudneverask published 02/11/2011
    I loved this and Sim City - brilliant games!
  • DonPaolo published 02/11/2011
    Nostalgia! I loved this along with the likes of theme hospital, zoo tycoon ,etc.
  • Elysia2003 published 02/11/2011
    I bet my daughter would enjoy this one. x

offers "Theme Park (Nintendo DS)"

Product Information : Theme Park (Nintendo DS)

Enjoy the challenge and excitement of the bestselling Theme Park series on the go for the first time on Nintendo DS! Create manage and develop your very own fun-filled park packed with amazing rides enticing shops and addictive sideshows then add staff and entertainers - all via an intuitive Touch Screen interface. Throw open your gates and let the public judge your efforts. Use your management skills to maintain an exciting varied and safe park and your takings will soar - broken rides bad planning and a messy environment will keep visitors away. Balance the budget keep shops stocked and develop new rides and features to ensure your park's success then take your skills on a world tour with unique attractions and staff to add a local flavour. With three difficulty levels and three game types to choose from plus exclusive features and unlockable extras Theme Park delivers all the fun of this unique simulation in the most accessible format yet.

Publisher: Electronic Arts (EA)

Developer: EA Studios Japan