Themutual.net

Reward & Loyalty

Review of "Themutual.net"

published 30/03/2006 | danthepianoman
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Gives you rewards for joining various things.
Cons Vey limited number of things to join.

"To share or not to share, that is the question."

I joined www.themutual.net a while ago, at the advice of a friend who said that I could earn myself a lot either shares and/ or cash. However, since joining I have found that you only earn shares (which you can later turn into cash) if you are into gambling or taking out insurance on anything that moves.

So what exactly happens?

There are a great number of companies on the site who offer you either units for going with them, or a percentage back on purchases for every so much that you spend (this is usually for every £1 that you spend but the percentage back depends on the retailer).

Once you have reached 15,000 untis, you are then given the opportunity to either convert these into shares withint he general company that owns this website or £25 - or keep on going.

In case you hadn't realised, 15,000 units equals £25.

So what can I buy into to get my rewards?

As I have already said, you can get either units in lieu of joinging a company or a percentage back when you buy things from a certain company.

There are many different things to choose from, from dating agencies to online gambling/ bettings sites; and from high street retailers to credit cards from top football clubs. There are also various insurance companies that are involved, along with many holiday companies.

Yes I understand this, but how do I actually get my rewards?

For some companies, you just have to join the site and become an active member. For an examp,y of this, I am going to use the many dating sites that have become a part of this.

But there are also some sites whereby you actually have to buy something from them, such as a service or insurance. But as each site is different, it is best to go to the designated area for each of them and find out some more information.

As well as this you can also actually search for various things but only up to a maximum of 5 searches a day, and you also get a small number of rewards for each search that you carry out.

So how long does it take for my rewards to come through?

They say that it takes between 1 and 60 days for your reward to come through, but I have ofund once again that it depends on the particular company that is being advertised.

How easy is it to navigate around the site?

Very easy, as everything that you will need to look at has a link on every page that you visit. This includes your home page, and the search page so there is nothing to worry about on that one!

Does the website respond very quickly to my requests?

Yes, but only if your request is on their site. If there is something that you are searching fot hat isn't on their site, then it may take longer to respond. However, as the majority of searches are catered for then you can be rest assured that you are able to get about very quickly indeed.

What is the customer support like?

I have personally not had a very good experience of customer support in as much as I ave had no at all, but that is not to say that everybody has had to same experience. It may be that should you choose to use this website, you will find that you get on quite well with it.

Overall, I have have had a pretty good experience since joining thia and I would actually thoroughly recommend it now to you all.

• RICHADA published 01/04/2006
    There seem to be any number of these sites that you can join now - all offering pretty similar incentives for buying "through" them. I'm afraid that I have come to the conclusion that it is best to seek out the best deal rather than sticking to the sellers through a site like this. Richard.
  • tekin21 published 31/03/2006
    I’m already a member of similar sites, I don’t have time to join another one – interesting review though. Jane x
  • Mrs.Incredible published 31/03/2006
    I am a member of the site but much of what you say does not seem correct as I udnerstand it. I've earnt lots of cheques - 3,000 points = £20. i actually got cheque this morning!