Review of "Theperfumeemporium.co.uk"

published 12/07/2009 | gatsby1
Member since : 12/07/2009
Pro None
Cons Could lose your money, DONT DEAL WITH THEM

"And another one bites the dust"

Like most here my experience of this company has been appalling.

Ordered first item back in Feb, Never arrived, so wrote to customer support. Chris wrote back saying to wait 15 days. Wrote back said I wouldn't and what a pity because the site had many good perfumes, reasonably priced. I told him I had been ready to recommend the site to family and friends and as my order had gone missing I wouldn't do that now. Suggested he send a replacement of item lost in post. He did. I received it about 4 days later. it arrived, not recorded delivery. In fact there was no franking stamp on the wrapping to say who this parcel came from and no invoice inside the parcel, just the item of perfume I had ordered. OK I was prepared to beleive this was a genuine error and in May this year ordered 2 more items, more expensive than the first order.

They didn't arrive, e mailed Chris, wait 15days I was told. Still did not arrive. Asked for refund. Got told in e mail from Chris I had to wait to comply with Distant Selling Agreements, which is on the net btw and it states refunds must be paid WITHIN 31 days and not until after 31 days as Chris made out. Was informed after more e mailing back and forth that refund had been processed in mid June. Now we are at the 12th July and I still dont have it. Been promised on Friday that it will be in bank next week but sadly will take at least 3.5 days to go through. I wait with baited breath to see if this happens, if not trading standards will be informed plus legal action will be started. Iam not letting this company off the hook. I cannot afford to lose money. No one can.

This is my expereince thus far. However I may be wrong on this but I discovered a perfume company with the same name and whose site looks very similar to the English Perfume Emporium although it is American or Canadian I think. Could this English web site be a franchise in any way. I see on the English site they have a affiliate programme. Just wondering.

Pam Drummond

• TheHairyGodmother published 21/09/2009
    seems to be a recurring theme